PDA

View Full Version : Machine stops

wasacop75
02-04-2011, 06:50 PM
i dont know what is going on with my machine tonight. It seems to have a mind of its own. I get about 2 minutes and then it stops. wait about 10-15 minutes, and it starts back again for a couple more minutes. Its a simple carve, one I have done before.
The kicker is that i am not getting any error messages or anything like that.
HELP!! Any ideas would be great.
Thanks.

dbfletcher
02-04-2011, 07:01 PM
i dont know what is going on with my machine tonight. It seems to have a mind of its own. I get about 2 minutes and then it stops. wait about 10-15 minutes, and it starts back again for a couple more minutes. Its a simple carve, one I have done before.
The kicker is that i am not getting any error messages or anything like that.
HELP!! Any ideas would be great.
Thanks.

Can you add some more details? Like when it 'stops".. does that mean the cut motor stops, the x,y,z motors all stops and it is in suspended animation for 10-15 minutes and then picks up like nothig happened? The more detials you can add the better change of soemone being able to hopefully find a solution for you,

wasacop75
02-04-2011, 07:13 PM
cut motor stops, i raise the lid, clean everything out, dont move the x,y,z at all, even turn the spindle a couple of times incase there is a problem with a bad spot in the spindle. IF i dont stop or raise the lid, the x,y,z keeps moving and just messes up the board and i dont want to break a bit or damage something else. Its out there in no carve land and then starts back up when i close the lid sometimes.

Digitalwoodshop
02-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Survey Saysssssss...... Cut Motor Brushes are TOOOOOOO SHORT....... 298 posts.... Are your Cut Motor Hours about 298?

Anything over 250 time to replace them....

OR....

Right Cover Switch Loose..... OR Cover Loose....
C1 Cap on X Termination Board
Cut Motor Wire un connected or loose....

AL

wasacop75
02-04-2011, 07:30 PM
If i was to bet with what i read from you, i would say that the brushes are bad. more than half way thru this carve and dont want to stop it.
oh well. may have to. it doesnt seem to be spinning at top speed either. and i am carving poplar with a 45 degree bit.

wasacop75
02-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Ok, put a piece of tape over the lid slot and it ran the rest of the way. i am thinking that may have been some of the problem.