PDA

View Full Version : memory card

truckin
02-03-2011, 07:29 PM
if the memory card is bad will that cause the machine to power up slowly or not at all? also either at the start up or while cutting the machine will stop and it will read unable to read card.

dbfletcher
02-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Have you ruled out power issues? Is your machine on it's own circuit? Does it share the circuit with other power hungry devices? A bad power supply can cause similiar symptoms. If you are able to succesfully reformat and reflash your memory card, I would suspect it is ok... but there are always exceptions.

truckin
02-03-2011, 07:41 PM
i have checked the power with a meter everywhere i could and had power at every plugin. but when i turn on the switch i can see the sreen come on but it takes awhile for the carvewright title to come up. i reformatted the card and reloaded the project and it showed one time that there were no projects. the last time it powered up it showed (flash 1 4) on the screen.

Digitalwoodshop
02-03-2011, 08:24 PM
You could have a bad L2 Coil in the power supply.

Here is a Trick.... Pull the muffler out of the machine and lay the machine on it's back, the muffler side..... Turn it on and watch how fast it comes on.... A Broken wire on the L2 coil prevents the power from getting out of the power supply... The Gravity pushes the broken lead of the L2 Coil back in.... It's just to test the power supply.....

So I am looking at your last comments.. What version of Designer are you using.... When they added the Tool Talker software it loaded in the Enable Mode.... That made key strokes and the start menu to run delayed as it was doing the talking or waiting to do the talking or something like that..... With the Tool Talker not connected the machine did strange things... Next update is loaded it in the OFF condition..... This is a WAG..... WILD AL GUESS.....

So you joined in 2007 and this is your 6th post... The L2 problem was really bad in 2007.....

What is the history on your machine....?

AL

truckin
02-04-2011, 02:45 PM
the version i have is 1.178. right now the machine comes on like usual but on the the screen it says carvewright and below that it says (flash1 4) and none of the buttons will do anything. i went ahead and ordered a new memory card anyway that way if if that isn't it i'll have an extra one when MY memory card loses it. now i didn't turn it over like you wanted because it comes on now but the flash 1 4 confuses me

cnsranch
02-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Format the memory card, and make sure you "flash" the card to match 1.178. Formatting will erase the card, then flash it, then re-upload the project.

Easy fix, don't know if this will fix it, but trying this first is cheaper than a new card if it works.

Old Salt
02-04-2011, 07:07 PM
What is flashing card?

dbfletcher
02-04-2011, 07:14 PM
What is flashing card?

Selecting "flash manager" from the file menu, and the clicking on the firmware button. See attached.

Digitalwoodshop
02-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Like Reformatting the Card.....

Old Salt
02-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Thank .
have been having problem with my cards wants to load 2 items each the same . now one card gives me a 104 problem.

badger2424
02-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Have read somewhere where just blowing out the card with air to get the dust out works. The guy blew it out 3 times before it worked. Just a thought.