PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Can't get CW to work!

badger2424
02-03-2011, 08:08 AM
Background: Had a Y gear break and put in new motor, board sensor broke put in a new one and everything was great. Carved 4 4 1/2 hr signs with no problems. I thought I would try fredricks vacuum collector in the machine, so I made one and was trying it out (without bolting it down and was holding it with my hand) when I reached for something and I cocked the dust collector at which time the spindle hit the collector and stopped and gave me the y 303 error. OK, I understood the error, but when I tried the carve again without the collector I got the error again and also got the X 293 error on another try. Also got the y belt slip on another try.

My tries to fix: Formated memory card and re uploaded, I have removed the y belt checked and cleaned one impacted cog in the belt. Removed and cleaned the Z and Y motors in the back, put back on and retightened. Put new FSC cable in. Removed the y motor again and shaved off the indention of the clear cover where the small gear protrudes because I thought it might be putting pressure on the y cog. Checked and cleaned and lubed all the bearings and rails. Checked L2 but there was so much glue on it I didn't think it could possibably move or break. Checked and rechecked wired connections. Tried a different carve with a different sized board, that didn't work( got x 293 error)- everything planned and not warped. Using taped and 7 inch rule. Flex shaft has been receintly mollyed. I am using the CT.

I have been able to work through all the problems before with your guys help but this one has me befuzzled, irate, dumefounded, pissed, crosseyed and 50 other symptoms my wife doesn't seem to like. It all started when the spindle hit the dust collector but I can't figure why I'm getting the errors without the collector in! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have 23 more signs to carve for a golf course and if this keeps up, I'm not going to make the March 1 deadline. Thanks guys.

Digitalwoodshop
02-03-2011, 11:42 AM
With all you mentioned..... Sounds like you blew main computer...... WOW....

AL

badger2424
02-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Hope not Al, can you think of anything that could happen when the spindle hit dust collector that would cause this problem? The machine is suppose to stop the carver when such things happen to keep it from tearing itself up isn't it? Could I have knocked something off kilter? Even tried another y motor and I get the same thing. Thinking of putting used z truck with rock on it to see if that changes anything. Trying to stumble onto something.

AskBud
02-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Hope not Al, can you think of anything that could happen when the spindle hit dust collector that would cause this problem? The machine is suppose to stop the carver when such things happen to keep it from tearing itself up isn't it? Could I have knocked something off kilter? Even tried another y motor and I get the same thing. Thinking of putting used z truck with rock on it to see if that changes anything. Trying to stumble onto something.
For what it's worth, Wouldn't the "X" indicate a problem with the "X" function? Sandpaper belts and such.
AskBud

mtylerfl
02-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Hello,

If it were me, I would start taking the machine apart to see if I notice any broken gears off teeth, loose, damaged or unplugged wires, and any other obvious/observable mechanical problems caused by the mishap. If none are found and the machine still won't work after reassembly, I would ship it to CarveWright for a thorough going over - both mechanical and electronic.

cnsranch
02-03-2011, 01:57 PM
How about the y belt tensioner - jammed? Out of align/mount bent?

Seems like it should be mechanical - drive belt, etc.

badger2424
02-03-2011, 02:42 PM
In the process of changing the FSC cable again and making sure the y truck or z truck didn't get shifted a little when the spindle hit the dust collector. CNRANCH I've taken the tensioner off and on so many times I've about stripped the tension screw but I don't see how it can get out of alignment. I think its mechanical also because the machine goes through all precarve routines with no problem, only when it makes a couple of carve paths do I get the errors. Also have checked the gear teeth on X drive gears-looks good from the outside. Will get back when next round of checks done. Thanks guys!!!

badger2424
02-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Might have found the problem. Adjusted bearings on y truck then put back together to see if there was any difference. Tried carve and got the same problem, y stall. I just happened to be in front of the display when I made a disappointed tap on the top of the machine and the display flicked off, stayed off a second and then came back on. So I'm thinking the power supply and the L2. Checked it-L2 seems tight but the LF1 feels loose. You were right Al, I guess there is never enough glue to hold those things tight. Any way to solder these things or a new one the way to go? Thanks for all the response.

Digitalwoodshop
02-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Since it was a refurbished machine when we talked today and you mentioned that it went all through the homing process and even measured the board... It was only after about the second Y pass cutting that it faulted... That pointed to the FFC Cable.... I always thought the big flat cable was the FSC Cable but I was WRONG... FFC cable.... can get breaks inside and under load fault.

OR The L2 on the power supply was already broken when the glue was put on it.....

FL1 should be a filter and if that is loose, then solder it too....

Make sure the power is un plugged.... That power supply can kill you....

AL

badger2424
02-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Tried to resolder the L2 but I didn't have a new FFC, so I put the machine back together and tried again and got about 20 passes before the y stall. I've ordered 3 new FFC cables and a power supply and will let you guys know what happens then. Thanks for the help.

badger2424
02-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Update: Put new FFC cable on with no change so I put the new power supply in and the machine seems to be working now. Thank the Lord. I'm behind on making the golf course signs but I think I can make it now hopefully without any more problems. Thank everyone for their help and especially you Al for the phone call.

Digitalwoodshop
02-10-2011, 12:15 PM
GOOD JOB fixing it... And Good Luck with your signs !!!!!

Got the call that the lists for the $10K in Tags is on the way.... I was like a Clucking Hen Chicken worried I might loose the order..... Plus got a email from my Canadian Fire Dept Guys.... They paid out of there own pocket last year for tags as they were mandated to buy Cannadian... Well they loved the tags and got money approved and the OK to buy from me... More TAGS !!!!! Wooooo Hooooo...

I have 43 open work folders now.... About 10 serious the rest request for prices and samples....

Life is Good....

AL

dbfletcher
02-10-2011, 12:21 PM
GOOD JOB fixing it... And Good Luck with your signs !!!!!

Got the call that the lists for the $10K in Tags is on the way.... I was like a Clucking Hen Chicken worried I might loose the order..... Plus got a email from my Canadian Fire Dept Guys.... The paid out of there own pocket last year for tags as they were mandated to buy Cannadian... Well they loved the tags and got money approved and the OK to buy from me... More TAGS !!!!! Wooooo Hooooo...

I have 43 open work folders now.... About 10 serious the rest request for prices and samples....

Life is Good....

AL

Great Job Al.. Looks like 2011 is starting out to be a very good year for you!

badger2424
02-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Atta boy Al, I'm glad you got them. As much as you know about the machines, you'll do great. Thanks again.