PDA

View Full Version : Adding wood types and stains

kenrik
02-02-2011, 08:02 AM
At one time someone attached a link to add different solid colors. I have tried searching for it but have had no luck. Could someone please post that link with instructions to load it into my software. Many thanks !!

dougmsbbs
02-02-2011, 08:08 AM
If I remember correctly, all you have to do is make a 512 X 512 Jpeg and put it in the C:\Program Files\CarveWright\woods1 directory. Reload Designer and they show up. Look in that directory to see the naming conventions you should use.

Kenm810
02-02-2011, 08:08 AM
If you do a quick Forum Search --Key words "Background Colors"
you'll find several Threads and Posts about them like this one -- Different Board Colors ? (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?4422-Different-Board-Colors&highlight=background+Colors)

bjbethke
02-02-2011, 08:42 AM
At one time someone attached a link to add different solid colors. I have tried searching for it but have had no luck. Could someone please post that link with instructions to load it into my software. Many thanks !!

What I do is take photos of the wood I cut with my band saw. Make the image in the JPEG format 512 X 512 pixels, (I place it in the “Pine” dropdown window) and give it a name like (Pine_Walnut) – then load the images in the CW wood folder. C:\Program Files\CarveWright\woods1

Note when you give it a name you can’t use a space (use underline for the space) See samples;