PDA

View Full Version : Question on quality...

Durtdawber
01-05-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm considering buying a CW machine but had a question.

How closely does the actual carving look to the representation on the screen? I imported a picture and it looks real good on the screen. Was just wondering if the actual carving would look that good.

pkunk
01-05-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm considering buying a CW machine but had a question.

How closely does the actual carving look to the representation on the screen? I imported a picture and it looks real good on the screen. Was just wondering if the actual carving would look that good.
It depends on if you chose 'best' quality, increase 'bit optimization' & what kind of wood you use. On most all carvings some sanding/scraping will be required. This one in soft (tiger) maple needed only a little sanding. Click on it for a bigger picture.

Durtdawber
01-05-2007, 12:27 PM
If I was to send you the MPC file, could you look at it and give me an opinion as to how it would come out?

pkunk
01-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Sure, just post it here-see add attachment below.

Durtdawber
01-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Here ya go...

pkunk
01-05-2007, 01:01 PM
It would be a little 'lumpy'. Needs some Photoshop work to clean up the face, fix area over ear, etc. Pretty much 'what you see is what you get'.

rmacke
01-06-2007, 05:41 PM
You Might want take out the dot in the eyes.. On portrats the eyes and the teeth are problem areas.. The pupils are the problem on the eyes- the bit seems to make them to big.. this has been my experience anyway.