PDA

View Full Version : help on improving usa cutout

skeeterman
01-30-2011, 08:29 AM
trying to do a cutout of USA and my results are very jagged how do i make the outline or cutout smoother? atatched is mpc of what i got
steve

fwharris
01-30-2011, 11:22 AM
See if this will work for what you want..

You can adjust the lines if need be...

skeeterman
01-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Thanks FWHarris, is that the same one that was on forum with the coin inserts on it, Looks like the same one because of the circle at the top of one the states, i tryed to eliminate it on the coin map and couldnt. but i also could not get the cuttout to work on it either. this is 100 times better than what i came up with, thanks
steve

fwharris
01-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Steve,

Good eye!! Yes it is the quarter board. It took me a while to delete the state lines and connect the ends of the lines but was good practice. You can move/adjust the line for the circle on top if needed buy clicking on one of the points and drag it to your likeing..

And thanks!!

petz29
01-30-2011, 04:36 PM
If you are importing drawing check the import size. Ihad a problem using pattern editer. I imported a pattern at 2" by 2" and worked with it at pixal level well every thing was jagged and some parts did not look wright. After 2 week playing I found out if I would bring it in at 12" by 12" and then work with it, it would work. I needed a finished pattern of 6" by 6". As it enlarged the errors were 3 times larger. Starting at 12" the errors were cut in half. Pixal wise at 2' you have one pixal. At 12inches or 6 times larger a pixal at 2" becomes 36 pixals (6 *6 per side =36) . Ajagged curve becomes smooth.