PDA

View Full Version : It’s been a while

chkorte
01-29-2011, 09:02 PM
It’s been a while since I’ve been to the forum yet alone posted. Been here a couple of times looking for solutions to problems and found them. My CW is now off warranty and has over 100 hours on it and working pretty good. Here are a couple of things I have been able to finish. The jewelry box I finished just after Christmas. It took me forever with the holidays and tool problems and a computer crash. The coin map was interesting. The first time I carved it the CW screwed up the map outline and the quarter holes placement. The second time I used a different pattern download and it cut the map lines fine but offset the quarter holes ¾” to the left. The third time I used the second pattern download but I deleted all the quarter holes and reset them all myself and the pattern carved fine. Both projects are carved out of hard maple and finished with a natural Danish oil finish. Now that I have a good coin map pattern, a couple of other people want one, as soon as I can find another piece of wood big enough. The jewelry box was fun. Now that I know how it’s put together I plan on making more of them. They make a nice gift. The Packer plaque is one of many to come. GO PACK!!!

dbfletcher
01-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Those all turned out great. You should be very proud of your accomplishments! Nicely done!

chkorte
01-29-2011, 09:13 PM
Thanks, I am happy with how they turned out but I have to give the credit to the CW. I’m just a button pusher.