PDA

View Full Version : Another box

jpeter14
01-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Think it was KenM that posted a chest top for a small box, this is what I did with it, thanks KenM

TerryT
01-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Yep, I remember that thread. Your box is great, good work.

Kenm810
01-29-2011, 06:36 PM
Great Job, The credit is all yours, Well Done!

eelamb
01-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Really nice to see one of my patterns carved (belt).

Great job

gumbo
01-29-2011, 08:06 PM
I am inspired. When I get my problem worked out I think I have a new project to try. Thanks for sharing

SharonB
01-30-2011, 12:18 AM
A very nice box. Especially like the travel decals....it adds a lot to your box.

ajk
01-30-2011, 06:55 AM
Excellent job, very beautifull. I love it
Hilda

DickB
01-30-2011, 10:05 AM
Nice! Can you provide some construction details? How about posting the project?

Ike
01-30-2011, 10:54 AM
Peter that is excellent! I would love to make a box like you made! Maybe Ken can share the mpc again? Again well done and I love you carved all the places to show where you have been!

Ike

CarverJerry
01-30-2011, 11:39 AM
That turned out really nice, good job.

CJ

jpeter14
01-31-2011, 11:18 AM
I need to make and update. KenM , I think made the first post of the lid, then eelamb did some work and re-posted with MPC, that is the one I downloaded. Thank you eelamb. Someone ask abot how I made the box, I would not be able to without eelamb's permission, as I think he has removed his MPC post.

Kenm810
01-31-2011, 11:47 AM
I'm pretty sure Eddie may have posted first with his Belts and Buckles Lid,
and I just added a bit of a Dome to his work. My Memory is not what it used to be,
half the time I can't even remember what I had for breakfast on any given day.

eelamb
01-31-2011, 04:44 PM
I was staying out of this post, but yes the one he posted is the pattern I made. There are three patterns total, #1, the belt, #2 the dome top of box with raised end boards, and #3 of the straps by them self. I placed the belt and dome top in an MPC that has since been removed from the forum as well as the belt. If you are interested in this set that includes the above plus the front/back of the box with the raised boards on the end, just PM me.

Kenm is the one that showed the trunk lid using the belt pattern I made. I just took it further in 3D. I can not match the ability Ken has in designer.

eelamb
01-31-2011, 06:34 PM
Bump since I edited the post before this one. Please read.

eelamb
09-03-2012, 06:45 AM
Wanted to bump this old thread. The steamer truck patterns is on my site under shared patters, and objects. There you will find many more box sides, as wellas the steamer truck patterns. For steamer truck look at page 1, 2, and 5. Click on each pattern scroll down and click on download.

eelamb
09-04-2012, 01:13 PM
I have had a few request for this steamer trunk. Originally I called it a belt box, and it was listed on my site that way. I noticed some of the original parts were missing on my site. So I put it all together in one MPC file. Mix and match to your liking, add handles, lock, make your own top and add the belt. Add the straps to the side, or top. Or just make the standard steamer trunk without the belt. This can be re sized to suit your needs.

rcdages
09-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Box is outstanding.

Great work.

Bigtyme
09-04-2012, 02:01 PM
The box is really cool, Eddie. With some size mods, the uses are many...thanks for sharing it...

Icutone2
09-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Great Box (Trunk) and thanks Eddie I will be trying your Mpc file. Thanks again.
Lee

eelamb
09-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Icutone2, you noticed!!!! Could not get truck out of my mind while typing, had changed it many places but I see not all.

Thanks everyone, this one has been around for a years or more.

SteveJ
09-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Great project! Thank you for sharing!

badbert
09-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Thanks Eddie! As usual... outstanding work!

eelamb
09-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Thanks again everyone. Originally I made the belt, thinking it would be great on a steamer trunk. I posted the belt, and KenM came right back with the belts on a domed top. Kenm, inspired me to continue with the steamer trunk pattern, and this is how it all happened. So some credit goes to Kenm for moving me in the right direction.

Since we are on the box making kick. If you look in the shared patterns on my site (link below), under objects, you will find other box profiles. Here are some images to show you what they will look like. Just size them to your desired size, carve them, miter the corners and come up with a top and bottom, add some feet if you like. Then you will have a lovely jewerly box, card box, etc for that someone special. Or I as I have done add a pattern to the center, or some text.

lawrence
09-04-2012, 08:24 PM
No matter how collaborative the effort, that is a fine project.

Lawrence

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2

eelamb
09-04-2012, 08:43 PM
An oldie but a good one. Box feet. Not made by be but shared here on the forum. See this box I made for my daughter with the feet attached. The main c-horse pattern was purchased from the store I believe it was eronam.

ladjr
09-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Thanks again Eddie, you are always willing to help and I apreicate it.

jpaluck
09-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Have to agree Eddie...funny part a lot of us know it is and his alias names....you trunk will probably end up on ebay now as his project

lawrence
09-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Has he/she tried to defend himself/herself here on the forum? It feels awfully wrong, but perhaps this person has a reason they are doing what they are doing that makes them feel like they are justified-- (one of my patterns is on there too, but as I derived it from a sketchup pattern (which is permitted) I didn't ever try to sell it) I'm not ticked off, but am a bit disgusted and disappointed.

At any rate, the one thing that I CAN do is report it via this channel to ebay if one of my original pieces is ever revealed to be on these CDs. As I am not the originator of the intellectual property that was copied (the covered wagon) I cannot in good faith "defend" it. However, any of you that created your work and are having it sold here can certainly do so. It does not take many complaints to shut down a seller on ebay and though they can start up another account, they lose their feedback "credibility".

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/vero-rights-owner.html

http://pics.ebay.com/aw/pics/pdf/us/help/community/NOCI1.pdf

I would certainly rather hear directly from the seller their side of this situation- perhaps they don't comprehend that what they are doing is illegal. In this case I highly recommend that they read ebay's policy on intellectual rights here
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/compliant-listings.html

It won't keep me from continuing to post patterns, but if/when I do find out that any of my original work is being sold, I will pursue shutting down the listing through appropriate legal channels.

Lawrence

eelamb
09-05-2012, 06:28 AM
The steamer truck is an original work of mine, not copied from images, not found on the internet. Created by me from my own thoughts. He needs to be banned from this forum. Lawrence read your post on copyright, he posted his comments there.

Wanted to ask that no one post more on this ebay subject on this thread. Create a new thread.

CNC Carver
09-05-2012, 07:25 AM
Eddie thanks for all the hard work you do and share. Sorry one fool has to cause so much trouble. He defends himself by saying "his work was sold by others." Not a good reason to do the same to others.