PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of purchasing-no experience..thoughts???

ddcustomairbrush
01-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Hey all
i have been spending quite a bit of time on this forum and am thrilled to see the honesty here. i do have to express some concern. I am thinking of purchasing this product to enhance my business but have little CAD/CNC experience. I am concerned about the difficulty of using this product besides the troubles I have been reading about.
Is there anyone on here in the same boat that would like to share any thoughts??
I do appreciate Carvewright allowing everyones honesty here.
THANKS!

pkunk
01-05-2007, 11:05 AM
If you have a way to cut a piece of wood with parallel sides, and can reasonably run a computer, you can operate a Carvewright. I'm far from a computer expert, never run Cad or even done much design before & I seem to be OK here. Plus, I'm a little 'old school' at 64. You'll find lots of help here on the forum. :D

ddcustomairbrush
01-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Thanks a bunch Pkunk. A bit nervouse about the price but overwhelmed by the pics on the forum......cant wait to get one!

pkunk
01-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Download the trial software & make some projects to see how easy it is. Save them and when you get your machine you'll be several steps ahead.

ditchdoc
01-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Don't be afraid to try this out. There is a learning curve, but as others have said, one doesn't need to be a CAD expert. The software lends itself well to trial and error. Any mistakes in design can be deleted. You should make your first carvings in some cheap wood or MDF though. If I'm making something really important I work the bugs out that way. Good luck.

pontiak
01-07-2007, 10:30 PM
I just ordered one. Pick it up 1-09-07.At first I thought this was the greatest thing I had seen. Been looking for something like this for a long time.But after joining this site. Checking out all the problems people are reporting.Now I don't know if I should just get a refund.I paid $1931.00 for this. I can't afford to lose it.People who have it. Are you happy with the preformance?Or do you have second thoughts about your purchase?Thanks Mike in Westville N.J. GETTING COLD FEET about CarveWright .