PDA

View Full Version : Very unhappy with CW

kculm
01-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Need Help,
I have had my CW for just under two years. I got it as a hobby and have only put 35hr on it then Put it away because I was moving. In the first few months that I was using it I had to replace the Power supply and Board sensor. They were done under warranty. Well I just started playing with it again a few weeks ago and I have had to replace the micro cover switch and the small logic board that it connects to. It worked for about 10min. now I am getting Z stall error 313.
I read a post that suggested to remove the cover of the Z motor and see if was full of dirt.
It was. The question I would like to as is. The small encoder disk. spins freely. What I mean by the is. If I move the carve head up and down, the disks still spins when I stop.
That can be right. Is it.

As soon as I pick a project the Carve head jump and then I get the error. Help....
Please and Thank you

Deolman
01-29-2011, 01:39 PM
If I move the carve head up and down, the disks still spins when I stop.

Are you saying the disk is not attached solid? That sure wouldn't be right in my thinking.

kculm
01-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Are you saying the disk is not attached solid? That sure wouldn't be right in my thinking.

No, if I touch it on the edge, I can spin it with my finger.

Deolman
01-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Having not actually seen this setup, I can't see how it would under these circumstances. Is it attached to the shaft and turning the shaft also or is it spinning on the shaft. Either way it's wrong and needs correcting. If the shaft is spinning with it, then the other end of the shaft most likely has come loose.

I would do a search for Al, a.k.a. Digitalwoodshop. He has a web site listed in his posts and the site has a number listed on it. If you were to call him, I am sure he could give the the straight scoop.

hray
01-29-2011, 04:50 PM
i to had a loose encoder disk i mixed up a small amount of five min epoxy and placed a small amount as in one drop of epoxy on the shaft where it meets the disk
the disk is a friction fit that solved my problem

Digitalwoodshop
01-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Good Job with the Fix.

Enjoyed talking to you.

AL