PDA

View Full Version : American Woodworker Article

lynnfrwd
01-28-2011, 02:02 PM
We are in the Feb/Mar 2011 issue of American Woodworker Magazine. We can't post a pdf to the article until it is no longer available on the magazine racks.

The article "Benchtop CNC Routers" does a comparison between the CarveWright Version C, Rockler Shark and ShopBot's new benchtop.

FYI...American Woodworker has a forum. The only two posts on there are from 2009. The Tag Cloud (which indicates what people are searching for most) has carvewright and compucarve listed, but no current thread.

lynnfrwd
04-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Here is the link:

http://americanwoodworker.com/blogs/randyjohnson/archive/2011/02/03/benchtop-cnc-router-review.aspx

lawrence
04-04-2013, 08:45 AM
very cool- and VERY telling in that you can buy several carvewrights for the cost of either of the others...

I'd say CW came out very rosy from that review- nice job LHR
(now tell us more about this fix to cure deep centerline burning!)

Lawrence

Underdog
04-09-2013, 03:36 PM
"CarveWright comes with its own preparatory design software...."

And what, pray tell, does the design software prepare you for?

Ahem. Where was their copy editor?

It's "proprietary" software Mr. Johnson.

Otherwise a good article. I enjoyed seeing the comparisons.

lawrence
04-09-2013, 04:27 PM
lol... I noticed that too...

:)

Lawrence

lynnfrwd
04-09-2013, 05:56 PM
Preparatory or proprietary, we like the article!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveNelson46
04-09-2013, 07:30 PM
He might of just meant that the Carvewright has it's own software for you to prepare your carvings with. Sometimes article writers take a lot of leeway with the English language.

lawrence
04-09-2013, 08:04 PM
He might of just meant that the Carvewright has it's own software for you to prepare your carvings with. Sometimes article writers take a lot of leeway with the English language.

not just article writers... I've been known to make up a word from time to time... (my "body slam" move when I wrestle with my boys I call "the flabalanche!")

Lawrence