PDA

View Full Version : Assert Macro Failed error 87

CLKoehn
01-28-2011, 10:23 AM
my carvewright came up with this error after having a z-axis stall error unknown(didn't catch the number) my school needs this up and running ASAP if you know what i can do to fix this please reply ASAP it would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

lynnfrwd
01-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Please call 713-473-6572 and we can assist you.

Operators are standing by....:)

CLKoehn
01-28-2011, 01:24 PM
It Says it costs money to call so no

cestout
01-28-2011, 07:06 PM
This isn't ASAP, but sometimes support via e-mail is kind of quick, sometimes not, but except for one software issue, they have always solved my problem, or told me why it is a problem. Any, they respond to e-mail.
Clint

Dan-Woodman
01-28-2011, 08:58 PM
I will never call anyone who is going to charge me $25.00 to talk to them.

Ike
01-28-2011, 09:17 PM
I will never call anyone who is going to charge me $25.00 to talk to them.
Nor have I, plus Lynn offered help! Remember if it is still under warranty no charge for help! LHR is always helpful so don't give up so quick!

Ike

RMarkey
01-31-2011, 08:51 AM
The assert 87 after a z stall is probably just a side effect of the original problem. Z stalls are caused because the truck didn't move where it was told to move to, which points to hardware usually. There are many threads here that will help you diagnose your Z stall.

lynnfrwd
01-31-2011, 10:31 AM
It Says it costs money to call so no

We are all aware that our economy has taken quite a hit over the last couple of years and I know a lot of our own customers have felt the brunt of it. Many companies, not just LHR, have had to re-evaluate and learn to do more smarter and with less. Many companies have even closed their doors. We (knock on wood) have been more fortunate than most, despite the fact that our products are NOT what you would consider necessity items. We have been blessed to be able to continue servicing our customers and even expanding our product offerings.

Customer Support fees help us all in one way or another. Mainly, it helps finance our staff to continue service to our customers. It also encourages customers to seek the answers themselves, which greatly reduces unnecessary phone calls. Lots of effort has been put into making more information available online. This in turn frees up the lines for those that absolutely need to call us and allows us to work more efficiently with less.

Who is not subject to the support fees?
1. Customers under warranty.
2. Schools and educational institutions where teachers would have to seek a purchase order or pay for it out of their own pocket.
3. Customers seeking Tier 1 level support, such as registration/activation issues, sales inquiries and basic support questions.

For those out of warranty or not covered under any of the above, you have options for higher level support, such as diagnosis and more technical troubleshooting:
1. Join the CarversClub - $150 year includes upper level support, 25% off labor costs & monthly special
2. Pay $25 per issue
3. Seek the assistance of this forum or find the answer in online maintenance documentation.

Not sure if your support request is subject to a fee? Call us and ask at 713-473-6572 or send us an email at support@carvewright.com or sales@carvewright.com.

CLKoehn
02-07-2011, 09:41 AM
This isn't ASAP, but sometimes support via e-mail is kind of quick, sometimes not, but except for one software issue, they have always solved my problem, or told me why it is a problem. Any, they respond to e-mail.
Clint

what is the E-mail?

fwharris
02-07-2011, 10:00 AM
what is the E-mail?

support@carvewright.com (support@carvewright.com) or sales@carvewright.com (sales@carvewright.com).