PDA

View Full Version : Back Roller Fault

Jossef
01-27-2011, 03:57 PM
I had this same problem last month. I posted on here that I was getting a message to check the rollers. I cleaned all dust from the rollers and all was good. Now I am experiencing the same thing but I just saw that I am getting Back Roller Fault Error 204. I have checked the rollers and they are now clean. I push up on the roller that is to the right on the keypad side and I can hear the switch. Pushing up on the other one and I do not hear that switch although I am not sure that I am supposed to. With this fault message is this a sign of more serious problems.

Thanks

lynnfrwd
01-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Have you checked the manual for instructions on stuck rollers? Look under the Heading: Checking and Cleaning a Stuck Compression Roller. The sensor is on the end of the roller nearest the keypad.

Jossef
01-27-2011, 05:49 PM
I can find nothing in the manual about clearing a stuck roller, however I did find the part about checking to see if they are compressed or released. The back roller in compressed and I cannot get it to release. The front roller is fine.

ruggybear
01-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Probably have sawdust packed in the switch. A good shot of compressed air in the area of the switch usually clears it up.

robbrigg2
01-27-2011, 10:20 PM
If all else fails take the roller off (it's easy believe me) and clean out underneath and reinstall it and it will be fine... I always end up with this problem when I use plywood...

Icutone2
01-28-2011, 11:17 AM
The roller can be released by bumping up on it several times. This workes for me.
Lee

Digitalwoodshop
01-28-2011, 01:51 PM
You should have found my pictures on a search....

First thing is remove the bottom and look at the screws from the bottom into the smooth rails... Could be 1 loose smooth post screw. I had that... Caused the switch problem too....

Second is to check your head for level... One of 3 ways... Measure, place 2 strips of paper on a wide board and crank down. Loosen slightly and try to remove the paper.. If one side comes out then the head is not level.

And something I found on my machine... Sawdust got up inside the switch area. When compressed the rollers push the switch out. When un compressed the switch arm falls into the hole. IF there is sawdust packed on the flat plate that the roller rests on when uncompressed then it will prevent the switch from being released.

I loosened the 2 bolts from the end plate and shot air in to blow the dust out.

You need to be careful removing the left side due to the keypad wires....

Good Luck,

AL

cestout
01-28-2011, 06:59 PM
If you go the the sensor check, 0 -7 I think, and scroll to rollers, you can see the results of what your are doing. My problemm has always been not releasing - saw dust. Blast it with air where the big rubber washer looking thing is, and push it up and down until it reads compressed (up) and released (down). When you clesn after carving, this is a key area I have found.
Clint

ladjr
12-17-2012, 09:58 PM
I just had the rear roller compression fault. I cleaned the roller and back at work. However I notice the big balck washer is split. Any ideas where I can get a new one or the measurements. I don't want to take apart until I have one.

Thanks

fwharris
12-17-2012, 11:29 PM
I just had the rear roller compression fault. I cleaned the roller and back at work. However I notice the big balck washer is split. Any ideas where I can get a new one or the measurements. I don't want to take apart until I have one.

Thanks

Leo,

They have them in the store now. http://store.carvewright.com/product.php?productid=16306&cat=255&page=2

ktjwilliams
12-22-2012, 11:53 PM
Take the keypad side panel off and clean the switches... Also look through at the switches while moving the rollers up and down to make sure the contact is moving properly and making contact when it's suppose to... When I had this problem I had to bend the contact a little to get it to operate right.. It was hanging on the top of the square block on the roller end even when it was compressed and should have on the face of the square.. My long tweezers and a little bend and tweak,,, no more problem....