PDA

View Full Version : First tests

tbroeski
01-04-2007, 01:21 PM
I did a quick sample of what will go on a box I made for my wife. Box is 4" tall, so it should fit in the machine okay. Will be mounting in on a sled. Just grabbed a simple pattern from the library and quad mirrored it. Type is from the stock fonts also.

tbroeski
01-04-2007, 05:26 PM
You can do some neat stuff with the library items.
I looked at VectorArt3D and it's just way too expensive if you don't plan on making multiple copies of everything.

dspeers
01-04-2007, 06:54 PM
At the risk of giving away a secret....

If you view the large image version of something in their gallery, then right click and say "Copy Image" (I use Firefox for a web browser), then when you import the image in Designer from the clipboard it comes out pretty decently.

Not having experimented with their ptn files I'm not sure what you loose doing it that way. But it seemed rather obvious to me since they are publishing the large images.

shaddy
01-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Dspeers, I tried it too, but it won't give you a 3D look. Those are rendered to look good to the eye, but the depth based on the shades will be incorrect and engraver poorly.

TB... nice job, looks great. You have a nice eye.

Shaddy

1turbofocus
01-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Hello, Im new to all this and very interested in buying one of these.

My question to tbroeski is how long did this take to do from start to finish on the machine

Is there a Diff between the Carvewright and the Sears

Tom

tbroeski
01-06-2007, 01:36 PM
No difference but the logo.
This is 6" dia and takes 1 hour machine time at best setting.
Took about 10 min to draw.