PDA

View Full Version : I like to carver old sonic the hedgehog on to wood

joe4800
01-26-2011, 04:48 PM
im trying to carver this picture but i dont know how to set it up the right way can someone help 41654

bjbethke
01-26-2011, 05:39 PM
im trying to carver this picture but i dont know how to set it up the right way can someone help 41654

Will this one work? You need to change the colors, White and Black does not work very well.

Ike
01-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Thought I would give it a try too!

Ike

AskBud
01-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Joe,
Do you have something like Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 ?
My "Download" link, below, has a section on Adobe where I have several lessons.
Your picture has a problem with the colors, in respect to the tones they translate into when changed to Gray-Scale. My lessons may help you no matter what edit program you might use. One of the added problems is the lack of fading color (my poor explanation) in the Blue areas. It all looks the same to my eye, there is no contrast to give it any 3D body look. The brown shows the dip in the ear. However, you can not see the outer portion of the ear, as the mane seems to be exactly the same color. The artist used black lines to define items like the ear rather than varying the tone/depth of the color (just my opinion).
AskBud