PDA

View Full Version : CWPatterns.com

lynnfrwd
01-24-2011, 05:47 PM
See this great site for an organized alternative to a very long and cumbersome Pattern Sharing Thread.

This site contains patterns created and freely shared by CarveWright members now made available in an easy and organized manner. Thanks to our customers for their generosity to one another. Thanks to Community Forum Member Jonny for creating this website. Please, remember these are free patterns.

www.cwpatterns.com (http://www.cwpatterns.com)

Almost 5,000 additional high quality patterns that have been created by our talented customers are available in our PatternDepot (http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/patterns.). About 98% of the patterns are created and sold by our own customers. On behalf of these Pattern Vendors and LHR, we thank you for your support.

Jonny
01-24-2011, 06:22 PM
First response space reserved by Jonny!

PCW
02-09-2011, 08:23 AM
First of all welcome to the forum... A little late sorry and I know you join in 09 but just started posting here recently.

I want you to know that you have my permission to repost any of my ptn. files that I post to this forum on www.cwpatterns.com (http://www.cwpatterns.com/) . [insert smiley face here]

It would also be nice if the first banner flying on your site was from LHR. Just thinking out loud.

Jonny
02-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Thanks Dan, much appreciated.

Good idea on the LHR banner as well. I've been thinking about emailing them to see if I can get permission to use their logo to direct people to the pattern store.

cestout
02-09-2011, 07:25 PM
How about shared projects - mpc files?
Clint

CarverJerry
03-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Has anyone seen or heard from Jonny? Any idea what is going on with his new CW site. It's been about a month or so since I've even seen any activity from him on the forum or the website. Hope it isn't cuz some people may have tee'd him off, after all he was doing such a great job on the web site and when we look back to what we had befor, it made such an improvement. Hope to see ya back on here Jonny.

CJ

Jonny
03-10-2011, 10:44 AM
No worries Jerry - I've been really busy lately, but I have been working on MPC files in my spare time. I've had some problems with a shoulder surgery I had recently, I'm making plans to get married in June, doing some remodeling at home, and trying to keep up with my teenage kids. It's just been hectic is all :)

The donate button on the site has made $90.00 so far, so I paid for the hosting for another year. The site is getting about 20,000 page views a day from an average of about 2,000 people. About 150 patterns are downloaded daily as well. Sorry I haven't kept up with the new stuff, but I'll get back into it soon enough. I'm wading through hundreds of MPC files and talking with a couple of people about doing some completed projects, like things a new user can just download and carve quickly, introducing them to features a couple at a time... I think that would help many of the people that dive in, have trouble, and just get frustrated.

Thanks everyone for the emails and PMs with all the positive feedback!

lynnfrwd
03-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Jonny:

Do you think you could possibly put something on your website that refers to the PatternDepot, where our Pattern Vendors (most, if not all, of which have contributed to the Free patterns) sell their more selective patterns? I've looked and don't see it prominently displayed.

We and the Pattern Vendors would appreciate that.

Thanks!

Jonny
03-10-2011, 11:39 AM
That's my next template hack actually - I'd talked about having a couple of banners awhile back - Free patterns are nice, but there's always going to be a need to run to the store for a particular thing more often than not (I've been there twice this week!). I'm picturing something like a "Don't see what you need? Search the official Pattern Depot" thing on the left side of all pages, between the browse categories and latest updates boxes. That sound like what you're thinking?