PDA

View Full Version : US-California

Ike
01-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Almost afraid to admit I live in Ca.! I live in Northern Ca. real close to Reno Nev. 80 miles. Then a couple hours away from Red Bluff, Chico, Redding Ca. Then 4 hours from Sacramento Ca. area and 4 hours from Klammath Falls Oregon!

But in the near future we hope to be living in the Folsom, Placerville area really close to Sacramento!

TerryT
01-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Only about 12 or 13 from Spokane! Come on UP!!

Ike
01-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Only about 12 or 13 from Spokane! Come on UP!!
What's for dinner!

Ike

Ike
02-13-2011, 11:41 AM
I am thinking I am the only one in California, besides Brandon and he is all the way at the other end of the state!

Ike

gsdsj
02-13-2011, 11:48 AM
I am thinking I am the only one in California, besides Brandon and he is all the way at the other end of the state!

Ike

No you're not the only one Ike. I'm in Northern Ca, in Dorrington.

liquidguitars
02-13-2011, 12:07 PM
I love Cali, the home of cool hot rods, dirtbikes and guitars!

Ike
02-13-2011, 09:04 PM
gsdsj, you are on the other end of Northern Ca.! I was close this weekend, we go to Pine Grove to get our taxes done and we stayed at one of our World Mark resorts in Angels Camp. I can't stand hwy 4 north or south! I took my 3/4 ton Chevy crew cab with a 20' cargo trailer from Angels Camp over 4 to Carson City and I wished I never went that way!

Brandon I lived here all my life born in Auburn, raised in Folsom and a few years in Ione and the rest here in Susanville. Before our soda business failed (btw it is for sell!) we traveled over 10,000 all over Ca.! I just wish we did all Renaissance fairs, if we did we would still be in business! Sorry anyway we went to great places in Ca. like San Juan Bautista near Monterey and of course Monterey! Monterey changed their fair date to September and the weather is great! Then their is Hayfork Ca. and Tulelake, Sonora, Angels Camp, Bishop and I love Eureka where I get my redwood.

The only bummer Ca. going to hell in a hand bag really quick, fore closers, no jobs and small business' like ours going out! I am still trying to keep the sign shop going! I am going to refurbish the portable shop and will share photos when I do!

Ike
(http://www.oldmissionsjb.org/)

gsdsj
02-13-2011, 09:29 PM
Ike, Angels Camp is just a stones throw away from here. I won't tow a trailer to Carson City from here, I go through Jackson up 88. Hiway 4 is a great ride on the Harley to Markleville for lunch! Greg

Ike
02-13-2011, 09:39 PM
Well dang we were close! I am hoping to move to the Placerville area if my wife gets a job in Sac. Then we will be closer! We are about an hour and a half from Carson City now. Anyway I hope to sell our house quick in Susanville and find a place in the Placerville area at a good price!

Ike

Uncle joe's woodworx
02-14-2011, 09:44 AM
I live 40 miles outside of Fresno Ca. in a little town called Tollhouse ( no we do not make cookies on our machine ) all hills and beautiful country. GOD bless, JOE

Ike
02-14-2011, 05:08 PM
I never have been to Tollhouse, but we attended the Fresno Fall show at the fair grounds. Then we had another event at Kerny park it was a renaissance fair and the last event for our soda wagon! Good to know the California group is growing!

Ike

robboz4
04-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Not been on the forum much due to time constraints., so missed this. I live in Loomis, CA. On the I-80 corridor from Sacramento to Reno. It's between Roseville and Auburn.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

DKD
04-10-2011, 01:53 PM
The "California" cought mt att: I'm in SoCal. I'm a custom cabinet maker and painting contractor in the Inland Empire. more specificly the San Bernardino Mountains.

rickyz
05-03-2011, 11:01 AM
I too am in so cal. i'm in mira loma,ca near norco, corona, ontario.

cestout
05-03-2011, 06:35 PM
I am in Juniper Flats, east of Nuevo which is east of Perris. I can see the hills that enclose Lake Perris from my back porch. About a football field east of me is the Hemet / San Jacinto border. I live on 9 acres, so the noise from my tools does not bother the neighbors. But the roads are not good when it rains, and my car and truck are always dirty.
Clint

Dale in Anaheim
08-05-2011, 12:46 PM
I'm trying to start a users group in the Southern California area. I am in Orange County, CA (specifically, Anaheim as the name would imply) but I am some what flexible about where within the So. Cal. area I would be willing to go to meet up with other users. If you live in So. Cal. and would like to meet up with other users please contact me and let me know your availability. If you know of anyone else in the So. Cal. area that would like to meet up with a group of owners/users please let them know about the group. You can contact me by messaging me (http://forum.carvewright.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=3399) on the forums or by going to the CarveWright usergroups (http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/usersgroups/cwuserscroups.php) page and selecting Anaheim from the drop down list.

Thank you,
Dale

Ropdoc
10-23-2011, 08:09 PM
I live in Anahein as well, and I believe we have emailed each other. I am excited about a users group. Just let me know when we meet. I just can't on Wednesdays if your asking.

SAA3840
12-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Hello All, I live in the San Fernando Valley, right near where the 405/118/5 all come together. I've had my machine (now two) for almost 4 years. Tempermental suckers, aren't they.

Ropdoc
01-11-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm trying to start a users group in the Southern California area. I am in Orange County, CA (specifically, Anaheim as the name would imply) but I am some what flexible about where within the So. Cal. area I would be willing to go to meet up with other users. If you live in So. Cal. and would like to meet up with other users please contact me and let me know your availability. If you know of anyone else in the So. Cal. area that would like to meet up with a group of owners/users please let them know about the group. You can contact me by messaging me (http://forum.carvewright.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=3399) on the forums or by going to the CarveWright usergroups (http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/usersgroups/cwuserscroups.php) page and selecting Anaheim from the drop down list.

Thank you,
Dale

Hello Dale,

How are you doing with the start of a group in Anaheim area? I would love to attend.

Dave

cestout
01-13-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm in Southern Calif, or is that a different state? I am in the hills between Perris and Hemet, near March ARB.
Clint

Ike
03-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Almost afraid to admit I live in Ca.! I live in Northern Ca. real close to Reno Nev. 80 miles. Then a couple hours away from Red Bluff, Chico, Redding Ca. Then 4 hours from Sacramento Ca. area and 4 hours from Klammath Falls Oregon!

But in the near future we hope to be living in the Folsom, Placerville area really close to Sacramento!

How funny I was looking at this Ca. thread and over a year ago my wife was interviewing for State jobs in Sacramento! Yesterday (Monday) she interviewed for the same job she did last year for Cal-Fire. Last time she was considered and the State pulled the position. Then today she found out Cal-Fire is calling her references and this time they are not wasting time getting the job filled! They told her they wanted to fill the position ASAP and she told them she is available whenever they need her!

We were running late yesterday and I was going to get her just about on time for her interview. She likes to be 15 minutes early, but as we entered down town Sacramento the streets we need to travel were blocked off due to " Occupy Wall Street protestors along with another group of college students protesting the high cost of Ca. college fees. In Sacramento every street is one way and we ended up being 5 minutes or so late. I dropped off my wife and I had to circle the block until I found a parking space. Lol of course the protest was so long it I ended in front of the Capital where the protest was being held.

Then I found a space back at Cal-Fire and needed to buy a parking pass because I didn't have change for the meter. I found a parking pass machine that used my ATM and after finally figuring it out bought the pass. I hurried back to the car to find my wife sitting in the car wondering where I was!

So again this year we hope to be living in Folsom, Cameron Park, Eldorado Hills, Sacramento area! Boy I pray I not to hope for this next year!

Ike

Ike
03-08-2012, 04:42 PM
I see not much, I mean no interest after almost to date I am in the same spot! I thought it was! No worries though.................

lynnfrwd
03-08-2012, 04:47 PM
I see not much, I mean no interest after almost to date I am in the same spot! I thought it was! No worries though.................

Wow! You are right! 3,000 posts coming soon!

Ike
03-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Yep, but I hope this time my wife will get a job in Sacramento. Housing is affordable and I hope to be closer to my parents, kids and my friends I grew up with. My mom has macular degeneration in both her eyes. One eye has dry and the other wet and she is going blind. Something needs to go our way? 3000 is near

cestout
03-09-2012, 04:25 PM
I like "Old Town" Sacramento - especially the RR museum. It is a nice city for a city - I prefer rural. I have a friend who has a farm east of Marysville - Browns Valley. We used to drive up to buy calves from him, but fuel is too expensive anymore. We had 7 grand kids one trip. They love his farm - greener and wetter than my place. We have almost 10 acres, he has something like 176.
Clint

Ropdoc
12-04-2012, 10:06 PM
I see this is a really quiet post. I am still interested in a User Group meeting. What ever happened to it? I am on my second CW and working on starting a bussiness.

Where do we go from here? How many Orange County CA. people do we have?

Dave

liltritter
04-30-2017, 01:19 PM
High Desert, California....... More precisely Apple Valley.

fwharris
04-30-2017, 01:23 PM
High Desert, California....... More precisely Apple Valley.

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing your carvings. Got any questions? This is the place to ask.

Dolan
02-15-2018, 10:55 PM
Sacramento California.

I hope there is someone that is willing to help me get this machine running again.

I bought it used. i did 2 carvings and then bam.

I have replaced the board sensor, board sensor wire and the Y axis adjustable bearings.

Now I'm getting "Z Axis E06-0313 Error"

I'm getting burnt out on fixing and repairing. Anyone willing to help me?

lynnfrwd
09-21-2018, 04:28 PM
Dave...you still in California?

I see this is a really quiet post. I am still interested in a User Group meeting. What ever happened to it? I am on my second CW and working on starting a bussiness.

Where do we go from here? How many Orange County CA. people do we have?

Dave

Ropdoc
09-21-2018, 07:24 PM
Dave...you still in California?

no we left as few years ago. We are now in Crestview Florida. Why do you ask?

lynnfrwd
09-24-2018, 10:30 AM
no we left as few years ago. We are now in Crestview Florida. Why do you ask?
Was needing some technical support at a Rockler in Torrence. Thanks anyways!