PDA

View Full Version : Help on a pattern

David
01-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Gentlemen,
I do not post much and try to use art that is already available most the time as I am usless when it comes to making my own patterns. I have a picture from a vector art file that my wife reworked in paint a little. Can anyone convert this for me so we can put it in a project and carve it? Happy to pay for the help. We would like just the fish and bubbles.
It is a jpg and if needs to be something else we can do that.

Thanks,
Dave

robbrigg2
01-21-2011, 11:12 PM
See if this will work for you.

dbfletcher
01-21-2011, 11:15 PM
See if this will work for you.

Silly boy... you forgot already Robert!!! I still got your back.

Cabinetdesigner
01-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Gentlemen,
I do not post much and try to use art that is already available most the time as I am usless when it comes to making my own patterns. I have a picture from a vector art file that my wife reworked in paint a little. Can anyone convert this for me so we can put it in a project and carve it? Happy to pay for the help. We would like just the fish and bubbles.

Thanks,
Dave
see if this will work for you.

robbrigg2
01-21-2011, 11:17 PM
Ooops.. sorry Doug I was thinking that was just for patterns we were posting for "just because".. thanks for catching that though.

dbfletcher
01-21-2011, 11:19 PM
Ooops.. sorry Doug I was thinking that was just for patterns we were posting for "just because".. thanks for catching that though.

It may have been, but it would probably be a good habit for all of us to adopt for all postings where it makes sense. Might as well add one for Cabinetdesigner too...

David
01-22-2011, 12:05 AM
Cabinetdesigner,

Thank you very much I think it will work just fine, but if I could ask one more favor, could we do
one without the bubbles.

Dave

Cabinetdesigner
01-22-2011, 12:12 AM
Cabinetdesigner,

Thank you very much I think it will work just fine, but if I could ask one more favor, could we do
one without the bubbles.

Dave
here is one with no bubbles

Ike
01-22-2011, 12:30 AM
Well I don't have a screen shot is that now required? David 2 more, sorry I am slow!

Ike

bjbethke
01-22-2011, 12:37 AM
Gentlemen,

Thanks,
Dave

I seen you have other responces, here is an image of what I made - PM me with an e-mail I can send you a file with the pattern.

David
01-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Cabinetdesigner thank you for the help. We are making baseboard moulding and this fish will be part of the design. Our house is a bar inside and out (looks like a Margaritaville Resturant) and very animated. So, I guess I will be carving moulding all day today.

Thank you everyone else for the help.

Robert,
Sorry I guess I did forget, it's been a few month's. I just finished some more moulding from that design you helped me with.

Dave

Cabinetdesigner
01-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Cabinetdesigner thank you for the help. We are making baseboard moulding and this fish will be part of the design. Our house is a bar inside and out (looks like a Margaritaville Resturant) and very animated. So, I guess I will be carving moulding all day today.

Thank you everyone else for the help.

Robert,
Sorry I guess I did forget, it's been a few month's. I just finished some more moulding from that design you helped me with.

Dave

no problem I enjoyed doing it. besides I need the practice making patterns anyway. be sure to post some pics when you get it carved.

robbrigg2
01-22-2011, 12:22 PM
No problem David.

David
01-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Cabinetdesigner,

When putting the fish with no bubbles into my project, it still has a small bubble in the top left corner, can this be removed without too much trouble?

Thanks,
Dave (sorry to be a pain)

David
01-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Cabinetdesigner,
Now my wife has asked if it is possible to also have the bubbles as it's own file with no fish?

Sorry,
Thanks,
Dave

bjbethke
01-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Cabinetdesigner,
Now my wife has asked if it is possible to also have the bubbles as it's own file with no fish?

Sorry,
Thanks,
Dave

That was the way I made my pattern.

Cabinetdesigner
01-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Cabinetdesigner,

When putting the fish with no bubbles into my project, it still has a small bubble in the top left corner, can this be removed without too much trouble?

Thanks,
Dave (sorry to be a pain)

sorry about the late response here I fixed it if you still need it