PDA

View Full Version : polyethylene for lithopanes

eaglegolfj
01-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Has anyone used that high density polyethylene? I'm having a problem with my Y track staying clean. I keep blowing it off with the compressor and it keeps stopping and moving over. Any suggestions?

John from Texas

Ike
01-21-2011, 10:50 PM
Has anyone used that high density polyethylene? I'm having a problem with my Y track staying clean. I keep blowing it off with the compressor and it keeps stopping and moving over. Any suggestions?

John from Texas
Check the rollers for debris or gummed residue. A good test is turn off the power wait a minute and move the Z truck by hand it should move smoothly. Watch you rollers while you move it and don't forget the bottom rollers. You may have you remove the roller plate and clean the rollers. Remember use a 10 mm flat wrench and only turn the 2 right rollers top and bottom a 1/4 to the right to loosen. Don't try to loosen the screws you will strip them. Read the Tips and Tricks of installing the new Carvetight it shows you how to remove the plate.

Not sound like a smarty pants if the material is gumming up the machine so bad I would stop using it!

Ike

eaglegolfj
04-23-2011, 11:02 PM
Ok I have used the HDPE for about 4 it does carve good. But sometimes gets in the track rollers and you have to stop and clean the machine.They come out looking good but they are a pain in the butt clean up, it leaves a lot of slivers on the carve. I will post some pics.