PDA

View Full Version : -Sports & Recreation

lynnfrwd
01-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Use this thread to post patterns related to Sports & Recreation

Kenm810
02-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Gman's posts about Bow Making in Techniques got me thinking about using me machine for carving a couple of bows for my Grandsons,
I have a few lengths of seasoned 5/4 Lemon Wood that I bought from Israel, they were cut and taged in 1948,
their still packed and sealed in the original Bees Wax they were shipped in.
Years ago (about 40) I shot Tournament Bow myself, also did a lot of Bow Hunting, and had planed to make a couple of nice Classic Bows for myself,
--- the years went by and I never got around to it. Now I think it might be interesting to try to do it for the Grand kids.

Capt Bruce
02-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Ken,
Your perspective view above could be a photo of one of the lemon-wood blanks my Father still had for an unfinished bow. It was going to be carved down further by his older brother Gilbert when he got back to California from the fleet. Gilbert having joined the Navy before my Dad, never returned and lies to this day with his shipmates on the Arizona. Your rendering put a chill down my spine because I had not seen that object in years. All those Indian gear items were given to a YMCA program in the Annapolis area years ago before one of my parents' change of station moves overseas.

I'd certainly appreciate seeing the results if you go ahead with the project for your Grand Kids. Thanks for the memory opportunity.

ktjwilliams
05-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Thought I'd share this one... 44537

lawrence
09-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Here's a rod and reel- hope y'all like it

Lawrence
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u313/ldr_klr/rodandreel.jpg

I'm still not sure how y'all find it best to upload the pattern, so I've included just about every version I can think of, including an STL zip....

lynnfrwd
09-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Do I need to be sending you a pattern vendor app sometime in the near future? Your getting pretty good at this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawrence
09-30-2011, 11:44 PM
:) Thanks Connie- but again so everyone knows, the base of these models that I have been posting are from sketchup files posted on the google warehouse. I then adjust them to create the Carvewright-friendly files. Some are easier to do than others...

Once I'm making them from scratch or adjusting them (making derivatives that are not the models exactly) I'll probably sell some-but I'm not sure I would feel right just using someone else's work for a profit, even though when they put the item on the warehouse we are OK to use it and distribute it (they are royalty free as well).

I got this from the google sketchup "terms of service"
http://www.google.com/intl/en/sketchup/3dwh/tos.html

(c) By publicly posting or displaying the content you give other end users of the Services a perpetual, sublicensable, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute (subject to the restrictions set forth in Sections 11.4 and 20.3 of these Terms) any Content or derivative works thereof which you publicly post or display on or through the Services.

for those of you that are curious.... here's 11.4 and 20.3
11.4 Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, without Google’s prior authorization, you may not: (i) aggregate Content obtained from Google Services for redistribution, or (ii) use or distribute Content obtained from Google Services in a mapping or geographic application or service
20.3 Models created in Building Maker include proprietary imagery. You may not disassociate or separate the imagery from any Building Maker model and use or make it available outside of Google Services.

Thanks again for the compliments- I hope folks find uses for these files and that I will eventually get good enough to create my own models- and maybe then I'll sell them. For now though, I just hope you all are enjoying them.
Lawrence

easybuilt
10-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Thanks again Lawrence for the awesome patterns. I sure can use this one!

CWFan
07-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Does anyone have a san francisco forty niners football helmet. Its for a friend and not for any kind of sale.

bjbethke
07-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Does anyone have a san francisco forty niners football helmet. Its for a friend and not for any kind of sale.

Will this work?

CWFan
07-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Will this work?

Absolutely! Thanks so much!

eelamb
07-09-2012, 10:02 PM
I posted the vectors to this in another area. I had wanted to make this into a pattern for some time.
This was done with Moi3D, and ZB.

ladjr
07-09-2012, 10:27 PM
I posted the vectors to this in another area. I had wanted to make this into a pattern for some time.
This was done with Moi3D, and ZB.

Eddie

You gave me some new ideas on using the new functions.

easybuilt
07-09-2012, 11:25 PM
That is so cool Eddie!

eelamb
08-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Some time back this pattern was asked for by a member. Had some time today so I decided to make it.

eelamb
06-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Here is a vector carve, I guess it fits this thread. PM me with email if you want this one.
Thanks Floyd for converting the dxf to mpc for me.

Thinking of making it into a 2.5D pattern too. (some day when my work slows down that is)

Note: the vectors came from the internet, so it is not my work I just edited it and cleaned it up for making a vector carve from it.

fwharris
06-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Thanks Eddie! You cleaned it up real nice!!

cjudas
07-22-2014, 05:45 PM
Would anyone have a pattern for the St Louis Cardinals? A friend's dad passed away and he was a huge cards fan. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Chris Judas

bjbethke
07-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Would anyone have a pattern for the St Louis Cardinals? A friend's dad passed away and he was a huge cards fan. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Chris Judas

Will This Work?

cjudas
07-23-2014, 04:55 PM
Thank you very much!! That is exactly what I was looking for.

oscarl48
03-19-2015, 10:28 PM
A fun sign I hope. Sorry but again bit optimization at best to get the thin part detail. At some point I'll figure out how to do it without having to do that. Shotgun pattern enclosed for your future carving pleasure.

fwharris
03-19-2015, 10:37 PM
A good one Oscar!

bergerud
03-19-2015, 10:53 PM
Looks good. You keep apologizing for for needing bit optimization best, but you shouldn't. Bit optimization best is what is required to accurately reproduce the details of your pattern. It should be the default in Designer (except only that it takes more computing time).

easybuilt
03-19-2015, 11:17 PM
Awesome job Oscar! Thanks for sharing.

eelamb
04-22-2015, 09:24 PM
If you have not noticed, I have shut down my shopping cart on my website. With this, the shared patterns available there are no longer available. I will be listing those 130+ patterns here a little at a time, when I get the time. As for the patterns I had for sale well over 200, they are still available by asking me, and I will give you a fare price on the pattern. Problem is there will be no images anywhere for you to look at( I will have to look into doing something sometime). I will most likely list the other 200+ patterns I have never shown here that I have made over the years too.

First off will be a helmet I made back in 2012 (post here #15)

oscarl48
05-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Continuing modeling some simple patterns. Pattern is the two barbell weights.

RogerB
05-10-2015, 01:13 PM
great looking pattern. Thanks you.

ktjwilliams
05-10-2015, 07:05 PM
Ed you da man !! thx

eelamb
05-10-2015, 09:20 PM
Oscarl48 very nice work, you are becoming a very accomplished pattern maker.
Thanks Kevin for the comment.

skeeterman
05-10-2015, 09:48 PM
oscar can you make this into a 3-d ptn ?

oscarl48
05-11-2015, 07:19 PM
Sorry long day at work. I can definitely try but no guarantees it will be good. My technique is to build a 3d model and then port into CW. If simple primitives fairly quick but a complex pattern can take me days to make the 3d model. This looks fairly simple so should have something by tonight or tomorrow at latest.

henry1
05-11-2015, 07:51 PM
Sorry long day at work. I can definitely try but no guarantees it will be good. My technique is to build a 3d model and then port into CW. If simple primitives fairly quick but a complex pattern can take me days to make the 3d model. This looks fairly simple so should have something by tonight or tomorrow at latest.

I am making clock of nhl hockey team can you make some thing out of this tampa an here one clock I made the senators

oscarl48
05-11-2015, 10:31 PM
Skeeterman,

Took about 3 hours to build but I am happy with the result. Not sure if it actually is supposed to look like this since I have no clue what mascot this is for.

Not a perfect match but hopefully a close adaptation. A picture of the 3d model I built as well for reference.

henry1,

Do you mean the lightning bolt?

Oscar

bergerud
05-11-2015, 10:39 PM
Nice job Oscar.

henry1
05-12-2015, 04:13 AM
Skeeterman,

Took about 3 hours to build but I am happy with the result. Not sure if it actually is supposed to look like this since I have no clue what mascot this is for.

Not a perfect match but hopefully a close adaptation. A picture of the 3d model I built as well for reference.

henry1,

Do you mean the lightning bolt?

Oscar

the Tampa bay and lightning bolt and circle as you see it thank you in advance

skeeterman
05-12-2015, 05:24 AM
Thank you Oscar, that turned out great, it is for grandsons soccer team , gonna make em all plaques , again that is perfect thank you

oscarl48
05-12-2015, 06:42 AM
Henry,

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you what I built. Took the image into paint program, removed black border filled in white with greys, sharpened image and then ported to CW as image. Really clean and easy.

Oscar

henry1
05-12-2015, 12:54 PM
Henry,

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you what I built. Took the image into paint program, removed black border filled in white with greys, sharpened image and then ported to CW as image. Really clean and easy.

Oscar
Oscar148 you have a private message

oscarl48
05-12-2015, 03:19 PM
Henry,

Pattern should be in your in box. Hopefully it will work for you. Use bit optimization at best due to the lettering and they will be nice and sharp.

Regards,
Oscar

henry1
05-12-2015, 05:01 PM
Henry,

Pattern should be in your in box. Hopefully it will work for you. Use bit optimization at best due to the lettering and they will be nice and sharp.

Regards,
Oscar
got it and nice and intend to use optimization it

oscarl48
05-16-2015, 04:50 PM
A wet weekend is forcing me to be in front of a computer screen instead of making sawdust so making patterns for practice and learning opportunity. So here is a sailboat pattern. Two variants. One with the boat alone and a second one with a back and sun in the sky.

oscarl48
06-17-2015, 07:34 PM
Enclosed is another version of the sports ATV I made catching some air. Pattern is not photo realistic but a close approximation.

The pattern has some issues. It is really shallow due to the way I captured the stl if its too large. The sweet spot for the model is about 5 in across 3 in high with .5 depth and 200 height.

oscarl48
10-07-2015, 09:34 PM
Just kidding.

Was listening to KONGOS Come With Me Now and realized it was an accordion in the background so inspired to create a pattern of the coolest instrument ever (that no one ever voted as the coolest instrument ever).

normrichards
10-07-2015, 10:49 PM
I would like to make a plaque for a friend with your accordian ptn, can you post one without the (coolest instrument ever) wording, Thanks.

oscarl48
10-07-2015, 11:29 PM
Done and done. lol. Request surprised me. Never thought someone would actually carve this one.

normrichards
10-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Done and done. lol. Request surprised me. Never thought someone would actually carve this one.

Thank you, I was thinking of a christmas gift for a friend who plays.

dbemus
10-08-2015, 04:16 PM
Oscar,

Great work on the sailboat! I have plans for that one for a my summer cottage. Thanks for sharing!

oscarl48
10-08-2015, 04:48 PM
dbemus, wonderful and you are welcome. Hope the patterns works out well for you.

Norm. Let me know if you need the accordion pattern tweaked more. I honestly didn't think people would use so didn't spend a lot of time on it.

oscarl48
03-01-2016, 03:25 PM
This was hard to place since its only a flexing bicep arm but I thought it would be perfect for a sports gym sign or a motivational sign. Here is a possible use for the arm.

Just some quick results from a little practice session.

oscarl48
08-07-2016, 08:29 PM
Cleaning out some of my patterns again. Found this one I had made a while ago and can't remember if I shared previously so re-sharing before I throw it into my island file of misfit patterns.

CarverJerry
04-22-2017, 12:36 PM
I've been looking for the Alabama Crimson Tide logo so I can carve my nephew a sign for his birthday but haven't had any luck. Can anyone help me out with this? I don't have the newer designer, using 1.187. Thanks

bergerud
04-22-2017, 01:23 PM
How about: https://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?5160-There-was-a-request-for-a-University-of-Alabama-logo&p=170430#post170430

ktjwilliams
04-23-2017, 03:50 PM
http://www.sportslogos.net/teams/list_by_league/54

i'M SURE YOU'LL FIND IT HERE !!!

oscarl48
07-29-2018, 11:22 AM
A hunting rifle scope.