PDA

View Full Version : Photo to Ptn Texture

Kenm810
01-20-2011, 06:35 PM
I was asked how I make a Photo from Online, into a textured Pnt Pattern. First I take a Screen Shot of the picture I want to use and save it as a Png file,
then copy it to Paint. Net ( you can use most any Graphics Program) I use the Crop tools to keep only what I want as, a Rectangle, Ellipse, or Free Form Shape,
or you can use the erase tool to remove what I don’t want. Now I save the cropped photo again as a Png file and Import into my CW Designer
to make a Ptn Pattern that I can modify if I wish in the Pattern Editor --- it’s now ready to use in a Mpc file and Carving.

Cabinetdesigner
01-20-2011, 06:44 PM
I was asked how I make a Photo from Online, into a textured Pnt Pattern. First I take a Screen Shot of the picture I want to use and save it as a Png file,
then copy it to Paint. Net ( you can use most any Graphics Program) I use the Crop tools to keep only what I want as, a Rectangle, Ellipse, or Free Form Shape,
or you can use the erase tool to remove what I don’t want. Now I save the cropped photo again as a Png file and Import into my CW Designer
to make a Ptn Pattern that I can modify if I wish in the Pattern Editor --- it’s now ready to use in a Mpc file and Carving.

that is some good info very cool. thanks (almost make it worth putting up with you on this website, just kidding)

cnsranch
01-21-2011, 09:42 AM
We're gonna have to start slappin' these junior members around a little, Ken.

Where's Al? (You didn't think I was gonna risk messing up this pretty face, did you?)