PDA

View Full Version : For something different...

dougmsbbs
01-19-2011, 06:54 PM
and for your amusement. After trying to explain to the boy how a combination lock works, I decided to make one so he could see it for himself. The projects not finished, but this prototype works in all regards. Now I just need to design a safe to go with it.

From thought to working prototype in 24 hours. I love my CarveWrights!

dbfletcher
01-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Pretty kewl. Can you take some more pics of th innards if you get a chance?

CarverJerry
01-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Yeah, thats really cool. Photo? How about a drawing to teach some of us 'ol farts.....that would make a very interesting project for the grandkids to take to school.

CJ

mtylerfl
01-20-2011, 12:45 PM
That's really neat, Doug! I have had a "Bank Safe" coin bank project on my to-do list for over 2 years now, but haven't done one yet. You may have inspired me to work it in my schedule after seeing your cool combination lock!

dougmsbbs
01-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks guys! Means a lot to hear what you think of it!

I would take pictures of the inside, but frankly I'm too embarrassed to. The double sided tape I used didn't stick very well, and the machine kinda chewed up the edges of a couple of the pieces. It works, but it's sure not pretty... sigh...

I'm going to make another one, not messed up, and I'll upload some photos of that one.

Old Salt
01-20-2011, 02:45 PM
I think every one loves this type fo project .
Showing kids how things work can be fun.
Good work

Capt Bruce
01-22-2011, 09:19 AM
Very nicely done Doug,

You've explained something to the young one and inspired a few of us again on similar projects. We'll look forward to seeing your next version when you have it done. Thanks