PDA

View Full Version : Board Sensor Cable Connector & Z Truck ??s

mannwranglers
01-19-2011, 08:12 AM
Here it is!!!!

I've owned my CarveWight for almost 3 years now...
The BOARD SENSOR CABLE CONNECTOR I finally got it out...but the Z TRUCK MOTOR, I rounded out the SCREWS,on the front side, that keep it on the rail to go side to side.

I got a bit angry with the old cable and snatched it out!!....I disconnected it first!!!!
The slim,black plastic piece that holds the cable connector in place..broke off at one end!!

I'ts been about 2 weeks now since I've worked on it...does anyone have any sugestions on this??

Thanks,
George
Florence,SC

Digitalwoodshop
01-19-2011, 11:21 AM
Sorry to hear of your problems.... You will need to drill out the head of the stripped screw and replace it. It's metric, take it to a hardware store. You may need to file to length as too long will snag sometimes on the Z but not so bad on the Y.

If the machine frustrates you, walk away... Come back when you are calm. We have all been there....

AL

Ike
01-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Here it is!!!!

I've owned my CarveWight for almost 3 years now...
The BOARD SENSOR CABLE CONNECTOR I finally got it out...but the Z TRUCK MOTOR, I rounded out the SCREWS,on the front side, that keep it on the rail to go side to side.

I got a bit angry with the old cable and snatched it out!!....I disconnected it first!!!!
The slim,black plastic piece that holds the cable connector in place..broke off at one end!!

I'ts been about 2 weeks now since I've worked on it...does anyone have any sugestions on this??

Thanks,
George
Florence,SC

George are you talking about the screw with the rollers, that need the flat wrench? Are you trying to take off the truck plate where the board sensor connects? If so you don't use a screw driver, all you need is the flat wrench and turn it a 1/4 turn to the right on the two right side rollers to loosen and the plate will come off. Those screws are locktite in and are not suppose to move, if you broke the locktite you are going to need to carefully drill out the screw so you don't damage the roller with the nut. Just drill enough to remove the screw head and the you should be able to get the threaded section out. I think it is a 10 mm screw. Take the thread with you and there should a screw board at the hardware store or shoot I can't think of it the thread finder. It is like a pocket knife with several blades with different thread testers!

If you did not break the locktite you can try to see if it will still work. You should not need to take the Z plate off to replace the board sensor. Raised the head up enough to get your screw driver in to loosen and tighten the screws. A good thing to do is put a cloth or white piece of paper below it to catch the screws if they fall.

As forth to the cable you can try hot glue otherwise you may need to order a new one. I take it you are talking about the clips that lock it in. Or are you talking about the connections at the circuit board. Is it the white narrow flat wire that connects in the back of the Z motor? If so that is the Ffc cable and are you talking about the black connector on the Z motor? If so I am afraid you will need a new Z motor unless you can glue it back? Plus that Ffc cable is easily crimped so you might have a Z axis stall after getting it all together. If the connector can't be fixed you will have a Z axis stall.

If you need a new Z motor circuit connections I would order a new Ffc cable also and any other thing you want to keep on hand. It will save you on shipping. Plus it would help to see some photos of what you are talking about.

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
01-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Cables, Cables, Cables.... There are SO many.....

So picture 1 shows the Board Sensor Cable I believe you are talking about.

I had to drill a screw too removing the Y Truck...

The Last Picture shows the flat cable in the Z that was done away with over 2 years ago. If you have one, you can just pull it out. All 14 pin Z Packs do NOT use it.... If you have the very old 18 Pin FFC Cable then it's time to get the 14 pin upgrade. But I expect most have the 14 pin system. A few still have it and are having good luck with it.

Good Luck,

AL

Ike
01-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Cables, Cables, Cables.... There are SO many.....

True that big Al!!!

Digitalwoodshop
01-19-2011, 02:44 PM
I had to post it with pictures then go back and add the rest of the comments.... SO I could see the order of the pictures....

My heart is in my throat tonight..... I am standing by for questions tonight after diner for a $10K 1000 Fire Tag order being voted on tonight...... I HOPE I get it.....

AL

dbfletcher
01-19-2011, 02:49 PM
I had to post it with pictures then go back and add the rest of the comments.... SO I could see the order of the pictures....

My heart is in my throat tonight..... I am standing by for questions tonight after diner for a $10K 1000 Fire Tag order being voted on tonight...... I HOPE I get it.....

AL

Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Ike
01-19-2011, 03:36 PM

AL
You will get it Al!

TerryT
01-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Here's hoping you get the job Al. I know masking tape sales are down!

Digitalwoodshop
01-19-2011, 06:04 PM
I will do my part.... I will "Hopefully" be cutting 30 sheets into tags on my CW so my Masking Tape use will be up....

Need to make that Vacuum Sled to make it easier... $10K.... That is what I made this past YEAR..... Gross....

Lets hope the Board Sensor Cable, the subject of this thread, holds up.... Since I HY Jacked this thread to a GLOAT...

7PM... Meeting just started....

AL

Ike
01-20-2011, 10:23 AM
George are you talking about the screw with the rollers, that need the flat wrench? Are you trying to take off the truck plate where the board sensor connects? If so you don't use a screw driver, all you need is the flat wrench and turn it a 1/4 turn to the right on the two right side rollers to loosen and the plate will come off. Those screws are locktite in and are not suppose to move, if you broke the locktite you are going to need to carefully drill out the screw so you don't damage the roller with the nut. Just drill enough to remove the screw head and the you should be able to get the threaded section out. I think it is a 10 mm screw. Take the thread with you and there should a screw board at the hardware store or shoot I can't think of it the thread finder. It is like a pocket knife with several blades with different thread testers!

If you did not break the locktite you can try to see if it will still work. You should not need to take the Z plate off to replace the board sensor. Raised the head up enough to get your screw driver in to loosen and tighten the screws. A good thing to do is put a cloth or white piece of paper below it to catch the screws if they fall.

As forth to the cable you can try hot glue otherwise you may need to order a new one. I take it you are talking about the clips that lock it in. Or are you talking about the connections at the circuit board. Is it the white narrow flat wire that connects in the back of the Z motor? If so that is the Ffc cable and are you talking about the black connector on the Z motor? If so I am afraid you will need a new Z motor unless you can glue it back? Plus that Ffc cable is easily crimped so you might have a Z axis stall after getting it all together. If the connector can't be fixed you will have a Z axis stall.

If you need a new Z motor circuit connections I would order a new Ffc cable also and any other thing you want to keep on hand. It will save you on shipping. Plus it would help to see some photos of what you are talking about.

Ike
Hope it all worked out Al! I am concern if manwrangler is or has broke the screw for the roller or just stripped it. I learned the hard way to just use the flat wrench, which I can't remember the size 1/2" so a metric 12? I have been under the weather this week, so I have not tried to glue in place my Ffc cable at the circuit board. I can get the Z truck go to the right fine but as soon as it begins to come back a Z axis stall. I mess with the cable it does it again and same thing so that will be the last resort then it's a new cable and board sensor!

Ike