PDA

View Full Version : import drawing to use as a drawing template

wyoming
12-30-2006, 12:27 AM
Is it possible to import a jpg file into the software program and use it as a template to freehand draw the image? The imported drawing would be placed in the screen image area on the wood board and you could trace over it. As opposed to just eyeballing it. You could create your own drawings Illustrator if you are a graphic designer (like me) or import scanned images and import them off your computer.

Greybeard
12-30-2006, 04:48 AM
Hi Wyoming.
I think the answer is yes, but when I tried it I found it a painful process.

I use corel for nearly all my graphics work, and have done similar things there, drawing over imported bitmaps.
But in Designer, I find the thick drawing line and the way the "nodes/vertexes" are shown very intrusive.
It's a pity, because it would allow the production of a vector path a lot easier if it was more manageable.
Regards
John

BobHill
01-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Wyoming,

You bet. I'm far more talented in designing in any of the vector software (CorelDraw, Illustrator, Xara, AutoCad) than in Designer .. and far faster as well. However, after converting those designs into a JPEG for Designer, you can use OUTLINE PATTERN. This will make an outline path in vector that you can now Select bit/depth. Delete the raster image and upload the vector to your CW for vector cutting. Works great. Raster photo images don't make good vector subjects, however.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida