PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Kerry
01-18-2011, 10:57 AM
Nubie here;
struggle with quality of 1/4 litho sled size is 24"l by 13.467w by 1" thick
inported pic is jpeg sized to 4.5w by 3.5h corian depth .150 height400 bit optimizer optimal
machine set to optimal pic is a pic of a custom lithopane run through photo shop highest resolution, original litho is a poured porcelin i beleive with very fine detail! trying to get to where i can recreate this or is the 1/16 carving bit too big? can i get a smaller bit? do i need to and can i convert this jpeg into a png? what am i doing wrong? any help will be great! thanks Kerry ps where can i go to learn more about depth and height in laymans terms?

mtylerfl
01-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Nubie here;
struggle with quality of 1/4 litho sled size is 24"l by 13.467w by 1" thick
inported pic is jpeg sized to 4.5w by 3.5h corian depth .150 height400 bit optimizer optimal
machine set to optimal pic is a pic of a custom lithopane run through photo shop highest resolution, original litho is a poured porcelin i beleive with very fine detail! trying to get to where i can recreate this or is the 1/16 carving bit too big? can i get a smaller bit? do i need to and can i convert this jpeg into a png? what am i doing wrong? any help will be great! thanks Kerry ps where can i go to learn more about depth and height in laymans terms?

Hi Kerry,

Welcome to the forum! You can find info about making lithos and info about height/depth settings in some of the Tips & Tricks articles. (link is under my name below). Hope that helps.

EDIT: More info about height/depth settings is found in your software owner's manual too. Over 200 pages of GREAT info there! If you have not downoaded the manual, here is the link:
http://www.carvewright.com/service/Manuals/CarveWright_Software_Manual.pdf