PDA

View Full Version : Y motor large gear bolt break?

badger2424
01-17-2011, 05:46 PM
4145741456Had the bolt sear into between the gear and the Y motor housing-the bolt that holds the Y belt on the menu side and holds the large gear on. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or am I the lucky one?. :)Also is there anywhere anyone can find parts besides CW? Had to order a new Y motor and I only needed the bolt or whatever you call it. And yes it was centered in the U joint. Made sure of that when I cleaned the machine. Maybe the bearing?

Smoken D
01-17-2011, 06:46 PM
badger;
I believe all you needed was a new gear and as you were at it install new bearings. My phot shows the shaft attached to the gear worn thin and I had to replace it. As I recall the gear was around $9 from LHR. Got like 10 new bearings from another company real cheep. Do a "search" on "bearings" and that company several use should pop up somewhere.

badger2424
01-18-2011, 09:00 AM
Live and learn. I called LHR and tried to order just the shaft but they said they didn't sell just the shaft, I'd have to by the whole motor. He could have told me it comes with the gear. Guess I got the "shaft" from them after all by not knowing any better. Should have asked you guys first. One good thing is I've got an extra motor to work with. Thanks SmokinD!

Ike
01-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Live and learn. I called LHR and tried to order just the shaft but they said they didn't sell just the shaft, I'd have to by the whole motor. He could have told me it comes with the gear. Guess I got the "shaft" from them after all by not knowing any better. Should have asked you guys first. One good thing is I've got an extra motor to work with. Thanks SmokinD!

Well crud wish I saw your post earlier I have an extra gear! Plus I am not sure of the price difference, but Sears sells parts http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Craftsman-Parts/Engraving-tool-Parts/Model-133217540/0247/0716000?blt=05

Ike

badger2424
01-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Thanks Ike, wish I had knew also, and thanks for the sears link. Checked it out and online sears was $92 for Y motor and LHR was $79. Not sure about shipping at sears, can't be as high as LHR. Ha! Sears didn't sell just the gear so I don't know the difference there. Thanks for the offer of the gear but I'll just buy one next time I order something so I'll have an extra motor on hand.

dickcash
04-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Hi,
Seeking some clarification and info.
Has anyone bought just the gear and bearings? or the whole y-motor pack?
Do you have part numbers I can use to order from LHR?

SmokenD - do you ( or anybody) have the specs on the bearings so I can source elsewhere?

Thanx in advance for your time

Smoken D
04-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Part number from LHR for the Y Drive Gear/Pulley Combination Assembly is MWM A 2073 $6

Here is the site where some of us purchased the bearings and gives the bearing size;

http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/5mm/kit768

Hope this helps

And welcome as your 1st post!!