PDA

View Full Version : Problems, Problems, Problems

hdultra
01-16-2011, 04:42 PM
I'm still having the same issues with my machine. Was told I needed a new Power Supply. Installed that and did a sensor check again of which the roller sensors showed "Released". Ordered new Roller Switches and harness, installed them and I got a good reading at first then the same old problems showed up again. I really think I have a software issue, since I never had one problem until I installed Release 1.177 on my project card. ANYONE HAVE OTHER IDEAS ON MY PROBLEM??

Old Salt
01-16-2011, 04:49 PM
try to format card ,had to format my card 4 times to get to work . I think I zaped it with static elec . happy to get it to work.

worth a try

Ike
01-16-2011, 05:03 PM
I'm still having the same issues with my machine. Was told I needed a new Power Supply. Installed that and did a sensor check again of which the roller sensors showed "Released". Ordered new Roller Switches and harness, installed them and I got a good reading at first then the same old problems showed up again. I really think I have a software issue, since I never had one problem until I installed Release 1.177 on my project card. ANYONE HAVE OTHER IDEAS ON MY PROBLEM??
I didn't upload the 1.177 upgrade because it was an update for the dfx software. If you look you will probably find where you downloaded the 1.176 and you can reload it. You will need to remove the 1.176 to reload the 1.175.

Ike

mtylerfl
01-16-2011, 06:05 PM
I didn't upload the 1.177 upgrade because it was an update for the dfx software. If you look you will probably find where you downloaded the 1.176 and you can reload it. You will need to remove the 1.176 to reload the 1.175.

Ike

1.177 had other important fixes...I recommend everyone update to that version (you can make a copy of your old version to still use it if you want...been explained how-to many times before, so I won't repeat what's already been outlined)

hdultra
01-17-2011, 11:20 PM
OK - I have everything updated (card shows 1.177 and the program too). I'm still getting "Z Axis Stall" from the machine. Now I'm thinking there must be a cable that is disconnected. I've replaced the power supply on the bottom of the machine and the roller switches and harness. Also, the machine keeps showing the front and rear rollers "Released" even when I do a sensor check. When I pick a project, from the card, I believe the first thing the machine wanted was the cover closed. (But the cover was closed) I was thinking about just sending the whole machine back to the factory and let them look at it, but I know that will cost an arm and a leg. Don't know where to look next - - HELP! ! ! !

Ike
01-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Have you tried turning the machine off for a minute and move the Z truck by hand? If try it while the power is off the truck should move smoothly. If not it may be the Y motor. The motor the belt is connected to, the gear may be stripped or motor out. Talking about the belt check to make sure the screws have not become loose on the gear or cog with the spring tension screw.

My CW Rev B the Ffc cable needs replaced or re-glued. I read a member glued his back and it makes sense I can get it to work for a minute and when it goes to the right I get the Z axis stall so I am trying some hot glue before ordering a new cable.

Try these things and tell us what happen.

Ike

Ike
01-18-2011, 01:40 PM
1.177 had other important fixes...I recommend everyone update to that version (you can make a copy of your old version to still use it if you want...been explained how-to many times before, so I won't repeat what's already been outlined)
Sorry Michael again I put my foot in my mouth typing something I don't know about!

Ike

hdultra
01-29-2011, 04:47 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if anyone in the technical support knows what they are talking about. I ordered a 14 pin FFC Cable, a Head Termination Board and a Z motor Mount Electronics Board. Now the problem I have is the connector from the Head Termination Board to the Cover Switch won't fit in the connector on the board. The connector with the wires attached is too big for the connector on the board. (There is no other place to plug this connector in to).