PDA

View Full Version : Z Truck ?

gsdsj
01-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Have a question about the z truck I can't find in the search. Got an error for the z axis, don't recall the code, in looking into it I can see the belt for the truck moving, but not the truck. Tried to tighten the belt, no luck. I can't find any pics of the back of the z truck, stripped gear or time to replace it? Thanks Greg

fwharris
01-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Greg,

Have you checked the movement of the z truck with the power off to verify that the belt, grears and roller bearings all move?

You stated that you tried to tighten the belt, the only adjustment to the z belt is the bolt with spring on top of the z truck. It should be tightened all of the way.

gsdsj
01-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Movement does not feel like it should, bearings move, the belt does not move, though like I said the belt does move if I where to start a project. Blew out the of the truck to make sure there was no saw dust. Just feels like it's skipping on a gear on the back of the truck if there is one. Don't have a flat enough wrench, not grinding down one of my Snap-on wrenches right now to take it off and look.

Kenm810
01-15-2011, 05:08 PM
I believe this one of AL's photos showing the back of the "Z" Truck,
you can see the two small screws in the bracket holding the drive belt in Place.
In 4 years I've heard of only one or two cases where these screws got loose
and caused the drive belt to slip. Like FWHarris mentioned,
I'd check the the adjustment screw and spring first, before trying to remove the "Z" Truck.

gsdsj
01-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the pic. I did check the adjustment screw and spring, just feels like it's slipping on the back of the truck. Looking at the pic it makes sense now, I will have to find a wrench tomorrow and take a peek. Thanks Ken and FW

gsdsj
01-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Ken and FW, took the ztruck off this morning and sure enough the screws that hold the belt in place had come loose. Thanks again for your help. Greg

fwharris
01-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Good to know thats what it was..

If you still have it off you might want to put some blue loc tite on the screws...

gsdsj
01-16-2011, 02:53 PM
I did, thanks.

Digitalwoodshop
01-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Ken and FW, took the ztruck off this morning and sure enough the screws that hold the belt in place had come loose. Thanks again for your help. Greg

Was it a refurbished Truck? I posted that picture and others when I had the loose belt screws too.... They were refurbished.

Good Job,

AL

gsdsj
01-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Al, it was the original that came with the machine.