PDA

View Full Version : Demo in Colorado?

RonLS
01-14-2011, 02:54 AM
Hi all!

My name is Ron Schuemann & I am diving into the woodcrafting business as a way to make a living. My business plan is centered on CNC woodcarving to targeted markets.

I have been doing my research & am prejudiced toward the CarveWright system.

I am asking that someone with experience with CarveWright please arrange to give me a demo & candidly let me know of their experience in a production type environment. Lunch is on me.

Any feedback on the forum is greatly appreciated.

Your consideration is appreciated.

Rpn

Dan-Woodman
01-14-2011, 09:22 AM
RPN
Don't want to burst your bubble , but these are HOBBY machines. There are some that use them as income , but they have 3-4 machines to keep things going. They are not maintenance free. they need TLC. I do think things have inproved greatly after changing over to the carvetight system . I haven't seen the complaints on this forum like I used too.
later Daniel

lynnfrwd
01-14-2011, 10:10 AM
One of the main reasons LHR took the one year / 200 hour warranty out of the price of the machine and made it optional was because we had so many commercial and international customers buying the machine and then having their warranty voided. With our new pricing structure, those customers are no longer forced to pay for something they cannot use.

The new pricing structure also means that our customers are not forced to buy all of the bells and whistles at once and can tailor their system to fit both their needs and budget, then add onto their system as their budget allows and skill levels increase.

In regards to international customers, the CW system is still not sold internationally. We can only ship the machine to a location within the continental United States. However, we do know they are taking them out of the country.

As far as commercial use, multiple machines, bits and spare parts are recommended when you depend on the machine in a full time production setting. Your warranty is still void and the machine is still intended and sold for hobbyist use. Most customers using it commercially don't have a problem with this considering it's low price point and advanced capabilities.

In regards to the new CT Spindle System & Version C machine, I think the fact that we now for the first time ever offer an Extended Two Year or 400 Carving Hour Warranty speaks volumes to our confidence in our product. It is good to hear our forum customers remark about how comments on issues have decreased.

fwharris
01-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Hi all!

My name is Ron Schuemann & I am diving into the woodcrafting business as a way to make a living. My business plan is centered on CNC woodcarving to targeted markets.

I have been doing my research & am prejudiced toward the CarveWright system.

I am asking that someone with experience with CarveWright please arrange to give me a demo & candidly let me know of their experience in a production type environment. Lunch is on me.

Any feedback on the forum is greatly appreciated.

Your consideration is appreciated.

Rpn

Ron,

Greeley,Colorado user here since 2007. More than willing to meet up with you if possible depending on your location.

Ike
01-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Ron I have been an owner since Dec. 06 and when I bought the CW it was for my portable sign shop. I make hand routed redwood signs and with the CW I am able to offer more choices.

At the same time I bought a $10,000 Shopbot 48" by 96" full size CNC and a smaller $3800.00 K2 1425 CNC. Plus another $900.00 for Bob Cam and $599.00 for V Carve Pro and $200.00 for Photo V Carve.

I began to use the CW and because of being shorted some parts the SB just sat. I went to a Shopbot jamboree and had a great time, but trying to learn the SB software I found the CW designer so much easier.

Well I never finished building the Shopbot and sold it and my K2 is still unused brand new! I have looked at the V-Carve software and sold the Bob Cam. With the designer you can do many things and now with all the other software you can do anything any other CNC can do! The draw back is the CW is a bit slower then other CNC. Yes you are limited to 15" in width and basically unlimited! But I have made several signs up to 4 foot wide making signs in parts using the CW.

I own 2 machines and someday I might use the K2 if I don't sell it first! But for now the CW does all I want!

Ike