PDA

View Full Version : Lowes carvewright?

jaustin
01-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Anyone know what model Lowes is selling?

would it be a new version or older version?

do the offer an extended warranty with the unit?

Also my shop is not heated unless I am working in it.

I am conceren about the cold/ condensation hurting the electronics, what are you doing to protect the unit when it is stored in a unheated shop.

like to order it the next time they have 12 months no interest.

Ducky63
01-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Hi Jaustin, I live in Iowa & I turn down my heat in the shop to 56 when I'm not in there. I did read that you aren't suppose to run it under 45 degrees. Right now it is 7 degrees & wind chill is -7, I don't think it gets that cold in N C.but never been there.

TerryT
01-12-2011, 07:01 PM
I got my machine in 2007. Every winter it gets below 0. I only heat the shop when I'm working. For the last 4 years it still works perfectly. I warm up the shop and make sure the machine is plently warm before using it.

mikemi
01-12-2011, 07:43 PM
I bought my second Carvewrigt from Lowe's last March. Have not had any problems with it so far.
I live in Central Oregon and it gets pretty cold here. I just heat my shop up to 65 degrees and works fine.
I did purchase a 4 year extended warranty which takes effect in March after the original warranty ends.
Hope this helps to answer your questions.

gwizpro
01-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Just picked up my second machine from lowes. I called LHR before ordering and they stated only ver. C machines shipping. That's what I got the other day, Ver C

jaustin
01-12-2011, 10:53 PM
I bought my second Carvewrigt from Lowe's last March. Have not had any problems with it so far.
I live in Central Oregon and it gets pretty cold here. I just heat my shop up to 65 degrees and works fine.
I did purchase a 4 year extended warranty which takes effect in March after the original warranty ends.
Hope this helps to answer your questions.

I talked to customer service they didn't know if they had an extended warranty for it.
Do you have any information on the warranty?
So I can tell them when I go to the store if they say they don't offer it.

jaustin
01-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Just picked up my second machine from lowes. I called LHR before ordering and they stated only ver. C machines shipping. That's what I got the other day, Ver C

Thanks customer service couldn't answer that for me.

mikemi
01-12-2011, 11:05 PM
I talked to customer service they didn't know if they had an extended warranty for it.
Do you have any information on the warranty?
So I can tell them when I go to the store if they say they don't offer it.

I just asked for it when I ordered the machine at the Pro Desk and it showed up on my receipt.

lynnfrwd
01-13-2011, 11:02 AM
NEW CW MACHINES ORDERED FROM LOWES (or any other dealer):
LHR only ships the new Version C machine for any new orders placed with us.

NOTE: If the distributor (Lowe's or any other) has machines in stock, these MAY OR MAY NOT be Version C machines. If there is a question, have them give you the Serial Number of the machine they are selling you. The first letter of the serial number indicates which version you have. (A=A version; B=B version; and C=C version) This means the sales associate will need to take it out of the box and look.

MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY:
All new machines ordered from a dealer come with a one year/200 hour manufacturer's warranty. You can add a second year/200 hour of manufacturers warranty from LHR within 90 days of purchasing your machine. (Only machines ordered from LHR come with the Minimum Warranty 30 days/10 hours and adding a Standard One Year / 200 hours or Extended Two Year/400 hours Warranty is optional.)

EXTENDED WARRANTY FROM LOWES:
There is no agreement between Lowes and LHR for an extended warranty. They are currently offering a 2-year and 4-year extended warranty. This is solely a Lowes offering. After your 1-year/200 hour warranty runs out with LHR, you must contact Lowe's with the information provided on your agreement. It is my understanding (as of this morning), that you take your machine to Lowe's and they pay for shipping, parts and labor to the manufacturer (LHR) for repair. I was told that this is not applicable to machines used for commercial purposes. There are many other terms and conditions that apply (see agreement for details).

We have not yet had any customer use this Lowe's Extended Warranty, so we are speculating as to how exactly it will work. For more specifics and further information, please contact Lowe's, as they are the ones making this offering and responsible for your agreement.

jaustin
01-13-2011, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the reply. I am going this weekend to order one.

Ike
01-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Anyone know what model Lowes is selling?

would it be a new version or older version?

do the offer an extended warranty with the unit?

Also my shop is not heated unless I am working in it.

I am conceren about the cold/ condensation hurting the electronics, what are you doing to protect the unit when it is stored in a unheated shop.

like to order it the next time they have 12 months no interest.

I am not sure of the price, but Amazon.com is selling the Rev C for $1699.00 with free shipping and a one year or 200 hour warranty. I believe LHR will match the offer of just the price. I think Lowes is carry the Rev C.

My shop is also not heated unless I am working in it, I have 2 CC and have not have any issue. I would not cover it with plastic that would cause condensation. Where I live the winters are cold from -7 to a high of 20-30 degrees. Snow to rain and back to snow! My shop is insulated and does keep the temp. about 20 degrees warmer. Some people have built plexi glass housing with heat fans to suppress the noise, that may or not help protect it from the weather?

I know with Lowes you can use a Lowes card and pay as you go, but Amazon offers the same program 1 year no interest. I did it when my business was going well and now I am hoping to be able to keep my CW!

The Rev C is much beefer then the other models and by getting it from Lowes chances are UPS won't touch the CW!

Ike

lynnfrwd
01-13-2011, 01:10 PM
I believe LHR will match the offer

Price Matching details:

CarveWright will match any advertised price for a New CarveWright C machine from any authorized dealer.

Present a link or copy of the ad to customer service for verification to receive the price match. Price match is for new CarveWright C machines and accessories only.

Price Matching excludes offers that include shipping charge discounts, gift with purchase, services, financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, items that are limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, and refurbished/used.

and also I think Lowes is carry the Rev C.

Most Lowes Special Order the machine from LHR when the order is placed by the customer. Only a couple, that we demonstrated at, may have machine in stock (not version C).

I did it when my business was going well and now I am hoping to be able to keep my CW!

Ike! We certainly hope so, as well!!!!

The Rev C is much beefer then the other models Thank you!

and by getting it from Lowes chances are UPS won't touch the CW!
Yes, they do.

Ike
01-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Thanks Lynn for the clarification and darn UPS still handles it! Sorry UPS and I have had issues with my machines! The biggest bummer with Amazon is paperless billing. I forget I need to pay! Or try to forget I can't remember because I forget!

Thank you for the nice comment about my business', I am hoping the sign shop can keep going. The soda wagon however is history!

One question Amazon Rev C machines come with the 1 year/ 200 hour warranty, does LHR match the warranty along with the price? Is the shipping still $80.00? The advantage with buying from LHR is getting all the upgrades, Lowes or Amazon what you see is what you get!

Ike

lynnfrwd
01-13-2011, 02:26 PM
One question Amazon Rev C machines come with the 1 year/ 200 hour warranty, does LHR match the warranty along with the price? Is the shipping still $80.00? The advantage with buying from LHR is getting all the upgrades, Lowes or Amazon what you see is what you get!

Ike

We do match the machine price with the one year warranty included. Shipping is $79. Advantage is that we can install heavy duty traction belts onto the machine before shipping and have all of the other upgrades (software & accessories) available that the others cannot sell.

Because I know you will ask...Even though these orders are placed through us by the dealers and we ship the machine, we cannot add the HDTB's to those machines before they go out. Logistical nightmare!

Ike
01-13-2011, 05:24 PM
We do match the machine price with the one year warranty included. Shipping is $79. Advantage is that we can install heavy duty traction belts onto the machine before shipping and have all of the other upgrades (software & accessories) available that the others cannot sell.

Because I know you will ask...Even though these orders are placed through us by the dealers and we ship the machine, we cannot add the HDTB's to those machines before they go out. Logistical nightmare!

Lol never crossed my mind! Thank you though!

Ike

lynnfrwd
01-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks Ike! I was just throwing more additional information out there for others. I didn't mean YOU personally would ask. I meant "YOU" as in customers. I have had several ask before, we tried it, but decided it was too difficult to coordinate and not something we would do in the future.

jaustin
02-27-2011, 07:13 PM
I finally got around to ordering the machine tonight. I should have it in a week.
I order the scan probe with it also.

badger2424
02-28-2011, 08:19 AM
jaustin, glad to have you on board!! I'm sure you won't regret getting the CW. The software is very easy to use and the results are very gradifying. Make sure to read all the info you can from preventive maintenance to tips and tricks. ALOT of great information you need to know.

TIMCOSBY
03-01-2011, 11:28 AM
jaustin your gunna love it. welcome to the forum.

gwizpro
03-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Here's what happened 3 weeks ago when I ordered my new cw.

Bought at Lowes for $1699.00 Rev C. (same machine they ship to everyone else now)
Minus 10% Miltary Discount plus tax. Total out the door was $1620.00
The unit took 5 days to get in and was shipped by UPS to Lowes.
Then I bought the extended 4 year warranty for $299.00 So machine is covered until 2015.

Also got 12 months interest free. I love that type of financing. Never paid interest yet...

Flawless purchase and very happy with Machine number 2....

Digitalwoodshop
03-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Congrats on Machine #2.... Like me when you build up a "Heard" of machines you can use Centerline, and all your Patterns on any machine....

Good Luck, and that Military Discount really helps...

Thank YOU for your SERVICE.....

AL

USN Retired

jaustin
03-10-2011, 01:05 PM
I am now officially a Carvewright owner.
Picked mine up yesterday at Lowes with 4 year warranty plan.

I may be able to take it out of the box this weekend and figure out how to turn it on.

Ike
03-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Congrats on Machine #2.... Like me when you build up a "Heard" of machines you can use Centerline, and all your Patterns on any machine....

Good Luck, and that Military Discount really helps...

Thank YOU for your SERVICE.....

AL

USN Retired

Al a heard of machines is that machines that hear well?!!! You are no cowboy with a herd of cattle!

Couldn't resist!

Ike

Ike
03-10-2011, 01:14 PM
I am now officially a Carvewright owner.
Picked mine up yesterday at Lowes with 4 year warranty plan.

I may be able to take it out of the box this weekend and figure out how to turn it on.

Congrats Jaustin, before you do anything soak the flex with some moly lube and read about the basics if you have not already! Don't just dive into it and always ask questions and for help!

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
03-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Al a heard of machines is that machines that hear well?!!! You are no cowboy with a herd of cattle!

Couldn't resist!

Ike

No one ever said I was smart.... or the sharpest tool in the shed.... Thank goodness for Spell Check... Just need to know the difference between herd and heard.... what is a extra "A" among friends.... LOL....

It's all the long hours...... I be Speeeeeed Writing....

AL

Ike
03-10-2011, 02:04 PM
No one ever said I was smart.... or the sharpest tool in the shed.... Thank goodness for Spell Check... Just need to know the difference between herd and heard.... what is a extra "A" among friends.... LOL....

It's all the long hours...... I be Speeeeeed Writing....

AL

Lol spell check wouldn't of helped you in this case!! Still I just had and I mean just had to razz you on this one.........what? Thought I heard something!

Ike