PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With getting the right size once carved.

kculm
01-12-2011, 10:27 AM
This may sound dumb, but I have no clue what I am dooing wrong.

I am trying to make a Box Lid 9 x 7.5 . I am using a pice of wood that is 10 x 9.

I set the CW to cut to size. But it keeps coming out 2 to 3 16th shorter w X L.

AskBud
01-12-2011, 10:33 AM

I am trying to make a Box Lid 9 x 7.5 . I am using a pice of wood that is 10 x 9.

The 7 inch rule might help. However I would say that your cut-path is your problem.
We really need to see you MPC (design file).

dbfletcher
01-12-2011, 10:41 AM

If you just measure a board from the keypad functions, how close is it to the actual measurement of the board? If it is off there, you probably need to run the calebration routine. These have changed a few times with the release of never firmware versions, so you will need to find the ones for your particular firmware version.

cnsranch
01-12-2011, 10:50 AM
I don't use cut to size, so I'm at a bit of a loss, but -

1. Is it possible that because your main rectangle and carve region is .363" longer than the 9", that it could be causing problems?

2. Could be a board tracking issue - are you using masking tape along the bottom edge - keypad side?

Again, I don't use the cut to size feature, but if the machine's cutting along the center line of the 9", you're going to be short by 1/2 the diameter of the cutting bit on each edge - that adds up to 1/8" overall.