PDA

View Full Version : "load board" prompt

gman
01-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Can't overcome it this time. I checked pressure and first ratchet reads 70 pounds with additional two ratchets it goes to 100 about and thats it. As 75-85 should be good why isn't the "load board" message leaving? I lubed the vertical guides and the threaded rods. I followed the trouble shooting guide of 2/14/07 page 8 as far as checking for a free tie rod, and found that it has side to side play of maybe 1/8 inch. I didn't go further as more disassembly seemed to be indicated only if 75-85 pounds was not acheivable. As usual, advice much welcome.

dbfletcher
01-11-2011, 08:46 PM
After you load the board and crank down the head, go to keypad and then user options sensor check. What is the status of both the front and rear roller?

mtylerfl
01-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Hi gman,

Did you check to see if a roller switch is stuck?
Is your board at least 1/2" thick?
Is the shop cold enough where you have to wear a coat? (If so, it's too cold for the machine and the head-lowering mechanism becomes finicky.)

Digitalwoodshop
01-11-2011, 10:58 PM
I think everyone is on the right track.... First is the board thicker than 1/2 inch....

OK... A List....

Second what is the roller status on the LCD. Bet one or both rollers are not un compressing...... Dust could be in the roller switch area on the keypad side and it is not letting the micro switch lever move properly when compressed. See Picture 2, This is a uncompress position with the switch lever dropping into the opening. When compressed the metal will push the switch lever. Picture 3 shows the end plate for the rollers. If dust gets packed into this area the roller will not uncompress. Remove the Left Side Panel being careful of the keypad wires and blow it out...

Third... This one that got me was one of the screws on the bottom of the machine in the end of the smooth rod had come loose. Letting the head tilt when cranked down.

Fourth.... Check Head Level.... One of 3 ways.... The Patten Pending AskBud method.... Place a wide board in the machine and 2 strips of paper. Crank the head down and pull on the paper... OR my Electronic Way.... Same wide board except push a bit down on the board and look at the LCD reading using Options and Z Data. The Numbers should be close.... OR IKE's method.... Use 2 levels and lightly crank down on them and tug on them looking for a loose fit... Then use the 90 degree gears in the bottom to re adjust the head.

That's the Short List....

Good Luck,

AL