PDA

View Full Version : Z Truck Issues

quazamoto
01-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Started a carve and noticed lines throughout the carve. Had this problem before but thought it was fixed. Anyway check Z Truck for tightness (I have the QR) and noticed that the lower left screw is broken! Turns as if nothing is there. Answers my question regarding going to the Carve Tight however, am concerned what I might find once I take the old Z Truck off. Knowing will probably have to wait and see, has anyone seen this before and what was your experience if so? Suggestions/Recommendations?

Thanks,

PCW
01-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Screw may not be broke... On the left bearings there is a slot on the backside that you have to use a screw driver to hold it in order to tighten the front screw. Tighten the left two with the Z trunk removed then once installed use the right two eccentric bearings to adjust the play. Z trunk has to be removed to do so.

quazamoto
01-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Dan,

Thanks for the advice. Actually, this gave me the excuse I needed to go ahead and get the CT. Just ordered tonight. Will find out what has happened when I break the QC down. Nonetheless, will keep this information handy. Good stuff to know. Really appreciate your prompt reply.