PDA

View Full Version : Lettering carved away

rcdages
01-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Have any of you run in to this problem before.

I was going to carve the Left_Half_Panel of the POM (Wanted More Grandkid)

I stopped the carving when I saw the machine not carving the letter shape but caving through them.

Here are three photos.

Ike
01-10-2011, 10:27 PM
Robert, it might be a tracking issue, check your brass roller and make sure the o-ring is still there. Another suggestion is to look to see if the roller still has it's spring the rubber tube. An Al question are you using masking tape on the back of the board for the roller? Any tracking errors during setup, stop roller etc? If so did you just hit continue or restart the process?

How warm is your shop if it is cold the head pressure could be too low allowing it to slip. Maybe somebody else may have an ideal?

Ike

fwharris
01-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Robert,

Have you figured anything out on this?

cestout
01-11-2011, 05:59 PM
If you are going to carve a board and are not sure if it will track correctly, measure it (menu option7). This will show any tracking errors before you cut any wood. I would like to see the .mpc to see what is supposed to be happening before offering an opinion.
Clint

Ike
01-11-2011, 06:42 PM
If you are going to carve a board and are not sure if it will track correctly, measure it (menu option7). This will show any tracking errors before you cut any wood. I would like to see the .mpc to see what is supposed to be happening before offering an opinion.
Clint
Clint he can't show the mpc because it is a POM, Robert ran a test run and it carved well! So it may be a glitch in the mpc?

Ike

rcdages
01-12-2011, 08:29 AM
Robert, it might be a tracking issue, check your brass roller and make sure the o-ring is still there. Another suggestion is to look to see if the roller still has it's spring the rubber tube. An Al question are you using masking tape on the back of the board for the roller? Any tracking errors during setup, stop roller etc? If so did you just hit continue or restart the process?

How warm is your shop if it is cold the head pressure could be too low allowing it to slip. Maybe somebody else may have an ideal?

Ike

Shop is 60 degrees, all things else you ask about are ok and I do the masking tape with everthing carving.

I had hoped to get a full size test carved of the POM last night, did not get to it, with wrapping water pipes ect.

My small test carving with a reguan came out well.

So I let you all know what happens with it.

Thank you all for your input. You all are a great guys and gals.

rcdages
01-13-2011, 05:17 PM
Well here is the carving I did last night of theLeft_Half_Panel of the POM.
It came out great.
Did every thing the same way as I do for each carving. I will go home to night and do Right_Half-Panel and hope it dose ok.
Really no answer way it cut throught the letters before rather then carving them out.
I guess some times there are no answers.
I first carving I had set up on clear pine. This one I did on #2 pine.
Thank you all for your in put.

hany4ever
01-30-2011, 10:26 PM
yes It happiend to me, last night give me this error ( Z Axis stall err e06-0303 ) I will call carvewright and see what is going on.

Digitalwoodshop
01-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Welcome !!!! I see this was your 3rd post.

This is a much posted about problem... Use the " " on each side of the search words. "Z Stall" And you will find tons of stuff on this problem....

A quick list......

The Clear Disk on the back of the Encoder is loose and spinning... Glue will fix it...

The FFC flat cable has a broken copper lead... If the head is moving and the broken lead causes missed UP pulses then the next down will go down TOO DEEP....

Loose bit in What Ever Chuck you are using.... Bit slipping down.

Sawdust on the Z Rails or in the cogs of the Belt.

Screws on the back of the Z Truck loose holding the belt.

Be sure to read the Tips and Tricks....

But please do call LHR.

AL