PDA

View Full Version : Domed and Dish Region

jamar
01-09-2011, 02:25 PM
how can I carve the Domed and Dish Region as shown on page 4 of latestTips & Tricks

AskBud
01-09-2011, 03:27 PM
how can I carve the Domed and Dish Region as shown on page 4 of latestTips & Tricks
These patterns (Called Gradients) may be found by clicking on GALLERY and Pattern Sharing Depot thread. Once there you click on the "paper clip". The link, below, is a direct link to the same spot.
The listing is dynamic as files are added daily. Drop down the reverse alpha list and you will fine two "Dish" entries at present. One is for an oval the other contains a round image, however, you will find that you may change the round image to an oval by pulling on the YELLOW dots once you bring it into your design.
AskBud
http://forum.carvewright.com/misc.php?do=showattachments&t=2046

I also have an AVI lesson in my "Download" link, below, titled "Search the Pattern Sharing depot".

jamar
01-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Thank you Askbud, worked fine for me, now the next thing is how do I cut a pattern away from a board, I think I have to use the cut path tool but it never seems to highlite for me to use. I am not you would call computer savy so it is difficult for me.

AskBud
01-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Thank you AskBud, worked fine for me, now the next thing is how do I cut a pattern away from a board, I think I have to use the cut path tool but it never seems to highlite for me to use. I am not you would call computer savy so it is difficult for me.Your cut-path only works on a "Closed path" (with one exception, I will not confuse you with).
We need to see your MPC to know what you have. It's usually a matter of using the "Non Endpoints" Icon.
My "Download" link, below, has 2 lessons on "Connected Lines" which may give you your answer.
AskBud

Kenm810
01-11-2011, 10:40 AM
You can Outline your Oval Pattern and cut it out,
Or you may want to draw a New Oval or other Shape and make it the Cut Path