PDA

View Full Version : depth change

hany4ever
01-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Hi Everyone.
Please help me. I have this issue since 3 days ago. I load the project and when I'm about 50% is done, The bit start to be up & does not carve onto the wood, the machine running as normal. but the level of the bit go high that make my project half way done. Please help if you can with advice. thank you

AskBud
01-07-2011, 12:59 AM
Hi Everyone.
Please help me. I have this issue since 3 days ago. I load the project and when I'm about 50% is done, The bit start to be up & does not carve onto the wood, the machine running as normal. but the level of the bit go high that make my project half way done. Please help if you can with advice. thank you
What chuck do you have?
Is the bit tightly secured in the holder and/or chuck (measure at the start and finish)?
If the bit stays the same, you may have an issue with the Z-Truck itself.
AskBud

hany4ever
01-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Thank you for your fast answer,
I clean The Machine from dust & wood chips then I start a simple Project then the result the project is done but level of the background is not the same. start with low depth then go deeper depth. do you think I still have issue in the Z-Truck? is the light direction effect on the depth?

AskBud
01-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Thank you for your fast answer,
I clean The Machine from dust & wood chips then I start a simple Project then the result the project is done but level of the background is not the same. start with low depth then go deeper depth. do you think I still have issue in the Z-Truck? is the light direction effect on the depth?
41236Your attachment did not take!
If it is a photo, we will also need the MPC.
AskBud

hray
01-08-2011, 11:16 PM
i had the same probiem with my carver check the encorder disk in the z motor mine was loose fixed it with
a spot of five minite epoxy on the shaft and disk

DickB
01-09-2011, 07:36 AM
I've experienced your symptoms. It sounds like a z-truck issue. I would manually move the truck with power off to see if it is binding. Check the tightness of the bearing wheels and clean the rails. Pull the cover off the encoder as hray says and check for dust inside.

cestout
01-09-2011, 06:46 PM
If you still have the QC chuck, the set screws in the bit adaptor could be loose letting the bit slide up and down. You have to watch this because if they back out inside the chuck you will be unable to remove the bit and adaptor. It will require some prying and bashing. One good reason to get the carvetight.
Clint