PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help!!!

cap34
01-06-2011, 02:37 PM
I am making a memorial sign for my friend for his dog so I bought the boxer face a placed it on there.Now my question is can you have the face stick out the wood or can all I do is carve into the wood.I want it sticking out like a deer head mounted.

cnsranch
01-06-2011, 02:58 PM
cap - create a Carve Region on your board, and place the pattern in the Carve Region - that will do it.

Depth of the Region needs to correspond with the height of the pattern.

Kenm810
01-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Try putting a Carved region around it

Ha, --Beat me to to it Jerry ------ while I was playing with pictures and diagrams

cap34
01-07-2011, 11:07 AM
thx for the help one more thing im using one of the plaques off the sight how do I get it to cut out the plaque instead of around the plaque.I tried to use cut path but it wont light up

cap34
01-07-2011, 11:13 AM
never mind finally figured it out thx you guys are great!!!!!Loving my machine

Kenm810
01-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Hmmm ---- this time you beat me Cap, -- Nice work

cestout
01-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Carve the dog on a separate piece in a carved rectangle then cut out the rectangle. In the memorial board carve out a rectangle the same size as the one the dog is on and insert the dog panel in that . The dog will stand proud of the main board.
Clint

Dan-Woodman
01-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Experiment and have fun. Ceate a carve region in a board, glue in a piece of contrasting color wood, carve the dog out just deep enough to carve the top layer of wood of the different color.
Or, after doing a single carve, cut out the dog with a srollsaw at around a 1 or 2 degree angle so the dog will push forward from the background creating more of a 3-d effect. This must be done with a very small blade and a very slight angle.
later Daniel