PDA

View Full Version : Help with Pattern

juergen
01-04-2011, 09:02 PM
How do I rotate a finished mpc 90 deg. on the board ?

1.I would like to place the mpc with the grain

2. against the grain

attached mpc
How to i change the grain direction

jaroot
01-04-2011, 11:58 PM
If you get it figured out I'd be real interested to know how!

Because of the size of the required board, you could just cut a board to fit the other way into the machine.

bjbethke
01-05-2011, 12:29 AM
How do I rotate a finished mpc 90 deg. on the board ?

1.I would like to place the mpc with the grain

2. against the grain

attached mpc
How to i change the grain direction
You can not do that with the CW program, you need to redraw your vector images.

Kenm810
01-05-2011, 08:17 AM
Yep my guess is, -- Simplest Solution for a carving that size -- Rotate the Project Board

cestout
01-05-2011, 02:05 PM
You could select everything, group it and make pattern, then place the pattern however where ever you want. Are those roses purchased patterns? If they are not your patterns or free downloads they should not be posted. You could replace them with a shell or something for demonstration purposes.
Clint

Ike
01-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Clint if it is a free download there is no problem in posting and with purchased patterns unless you have a bought the pattern you can't use the pattern without the license. Now I know it does not apply to the off site vendors. But I think this pattern is safe

Ike

juergen
01-05-2011, 02:19 PM
You could select everything, group it and make pattern, then place the pattern however where ever you want. Are those roses purchased patterns? If they are not your patterns or free downloads they should not be posted. You could replace them with a shell or something for demonstration purposes.
Clint
I think they are a free download.
How do i make a pattern out of a mpc ?

Ike
01-05-2011, 03:24 PM
I think they are a free download.
How do i make a pattern out of a mpc ?
Highlight the pattern and in your tools is a icon of an open file folder with a blue shell, double click and it will let you save the rose as a pattern into your favorites.

Ike

Kenm810
01-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Something like this -- first remove the Roses -- Make a Pattern of what's left
Save it to your Pattern Library -- open and rotate it on a new project board -- then add the Roses back on to it.

juergen
01-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Something like this -- first remove the Roses -- Make a Pattern of what's left
Save it to your Pattern Library -- open and rotate it on a new project board -- then add the Roses back on to it.
Thank you all it worked.

juergen

PCW
01-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Clint

I posted the rose pattern last year so he should be OK.

Kenm810
01-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Dan,

Nice looking Rose Pattern -- Really easy to add and use in Layouts

6" Rose Dish for 1.25" x 8" Candles

Ike
01-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Dan,

Nice looking Rose Pattern -- Really easy to add and use in Layouts

6" Rose Dish for 1.25" x 8" Candles

Ken I love the candle dish! So how is that Grandchild? I had a blast with my Grandson, we were invited for a couple days to stay at my son's mother-in- law's cabin in Tahoe. So I had a great visit with my Son and Daughter-in-law and Grandson! What really got to me was through out the cabin the walls are old growth redwood some boards 20 feet long and all heart!

Ike

Kenm810
01-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Ethan's doing fine --He shook the whole thing off pretty quick,
But He does looks a little like a 2 1/2 foot tall "Rocky" with blonde Hair
Thanks for asking

Ducky63
01-14-2011, 08:45 PM
I need some help with two patterns that I bought from the store. I am using Vista right now. I down loaded the two patterns & when I loaded them I said save, but when I looked for them under favorites they weren't there. So I clicked on the file folder up in the left corner & they were in there. My problem is that I cann't get them out of the box they are in & put in designer so I can use them. I called CarveWright & talked to them, they sent me instructions on what to do. I uninstalled designer & reloaded it the way the instructions said to do but I still cann't use them. Anybody know how to fix this? Thank you!!

Ike
01-14-2011, 09:17 PM
I need some help with two patterns that I bought from the store. I am using Vista right now. I down loaded the two patterns & when I loaded them I said save, but when I looked for them under favorites they weren't there. So I clicked on the file folder up in the left corner & they were in there. My problem is that I cann't get them out of the box they are in & put in designer so I can use them. I called CarveWright & talked to them, they sent me instructions on what to do. I uninstalled designer & reloaded it the way the instructions said to do but I still cann't use them. Anybody know how to fix this? Thank you!!
Ducky did you log into your account and download the license and pattern? If not you have just downloaded the try first version. To find your account fast in designer under help you will see manage licenses then web account login or go directly to web account login. There you see the patterns you just purchased and you should be ok!

Ike

Ducky63
01-15-2011, 07:10 AM
Thank you Ike for replying. This is the frist time that I have ordered anything from the store & tried to get. I'm a carvers club member & I have been able to download the patterns from Dec. & Jan. When I downloaded them they went right to my favorites. I got 2 e-mails from carvewright about buying the patterns. The frist one was the bill & the other has the link to download them with ,plus the serial # for the patterns. I was at my bank yesterday & they told me that I had a bill from carvewright pending,so they are getting their money. I need to order another pattern but if I cann't get these then why order the other one. I have an order to run with these patterns so I do need them. I need to run them on 6-8 1" X 3.50" X 9' hardwood. I'm going to my son's house this morning to get his help on getting the patterns so I can use them. So any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you again. Ducky63

TerryT
01-15-2011, 08:34 AM
Ducky,
They will download into what ever directory you tell it to download them in, or what ever it was set for.

Try this...
1. Open the designer program
2. At the top left side of screen click on the word "file".
3. Then click on the word "Open" it should be 2nd one down. This will bring up a new dialog box.
4. Now click on the directory that the patterns are in, then on the patterns themselves. ( One at a time) Then click on the word "Open"
5. The patterns will now be shown in the "Import image" dialog box.
6. Click on the work "Finish" and they will be placed into your favorites.

Ducky63
01-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Sorry that it took me sometime to reply to you Terry. I did what you said to do but it didn't work. On Saturday I took my computer to somebody that really knows about them. He did what you said to do plus he checked out my computer & didn't find anything wrong with the computer. He worked on it for 5 hrs. for me & couldn't make it work. He had a XP & Windows 7 computer there so we tried it on them & they both worked. So he told me it had to be CarveWight software not the computer. So we went to Best Buy so I could get a new computer so I could do my CarveWright work. I got Windows 7 now to do my work on & it has taken me until this afternoon to get everything around to use it. Yes I did change my license over to the new computer. Thank you for your help. Duck63

Ike
01-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Ducky you are going into your account login? I had the same problem and I can't remember the e-mail instructions. I know if you call LHR they will help you. I remember the e-mail link leads to an end! If you go to www.carvewright.com then on the top right you will see customer login and if you don't have an account you will need to register. Once you are there you will see all the machines you own and all the projects and patterns purchased. It will also tell you how many downloads you have, find the pattern you bought and download it and it will appear as a usable pattern and will load in your designer.

Ike

Ducky63
01-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Thanks Ike! I did call LHR for help & they sent me an e-mail on what to do. I tried that & so did my helper but nothing worked. I was even loged in when we tried it. It says to drop out designer & reinstall it the way they said to do it. This didn't work. I have a B machine & download all the updates. I got it in March 2010. So I don't know what was or is wrong but with Windows 7 I'll be able to download my patterns that I buy. Thank again Ike

Ike
01-17-2011, 06:44 PM
Thanks Ike! I did call LHR for help & they sent me an e-mail on what to do. I tried that & so did my helper but nothing worked. I was even loged in when we tried it. It says to drop out designer & reinstall it the way they said to do it. This didn't work. I have a B machine & download all the updates. I got it in March 2010. So I don't know what was or is wrong but with Windows 7 I'll be able to download my patterns that I buy. Thank again Ike
I wish I could help you, but you are a little distance away!

Ike

Ducky63
01-17-2011, 07:59 PM
Thank you for the offer of helping me. There is something that you might help me with. I had 6 patterns that was in my favorite file but since I change computers they aren't there. I'm a Carvers Club member & they were the ones for Dec.& Jan. plus they do show up in my account. I also have another pattern that I bought that doesn't even show up. Do you have any idea what I need to do to get them? Thank you.

Ducky63
01-17-2011, 08:11 PM
Well I just checked designer again & my Dec. & Jan ones are there now under favorites. I guess I was in to big of a hurry to use them.

Ike
01-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Yes you need to transfer them from your old computer. I use an external hard drive or you can use a data stick. Otherwise you can have Best Buy transfer your info, but your patterns need to be in a file in your documents. It won't transfer the software, I have all my downloaded patterns saved in it's own file in my documents.

Plus that is where the CW customer login comes in handy you should have more downloads. Again you will find the customer sign in on the upper right hand corner of www.carvewright.com. Then it will show you all the patterns and project you have purchased and it will show you how many downloads you have left.

If you bought patterns other then from CW then you will need contact the maker. I just thought of something when you download a pattern it might have been saved in your temporary file and you will need to unzip it. Another way is to download something and it will show a download box. Find the pattern you just bought and double click it and it will take you to file where it is stored. Then you should be able to click it to open your designer!

Ike

Ducky63
01-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Thanks Ike, I got the pattern from CarveWright Store. I'll have to look on my old computer to see if it is there & if it is I'll have to put it on a USB stick, to put it on the new one. Thank you.

Ducky63
01-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Thank you Ike for your help & just to let you know I have all my patterns now & they are registered so I can use them.