PDA

View Full Version : Version C

mwhatch
01-04-2011, 02:10 PM
I have been looking at the forums for awhile. I first found the Carvewright about a year ago when I was looking for a small cnc. I finally bought a desktop cnc instead of the Carvewright because I heard about so many problems. Now, the Version C is out and I am still interested. Is the Version C really that much more dependable?

I know this may be a loaded question, but I have found the most forums are pretty straight forward and willing to be honest and to help.

Thanks

mwhatch

Old Salt
01-04-2011, 03:26 PM
The new c has solved most problems, get rubber belts.
Have owned three carvewrights have had very little trouble. Have added latest updates.
I think you would be very happy with the new carvewright.

Oldtrainerguy
01-07-2011, 02:49 PM
I waited until the C version came out. I agree with Salt get the rubber belts. A lot of the problems have been worked out and the carvetight is much better. The few problems I have had we solved quickly mostly here on the forum. Its not hard to work on and most people here can get you through it. Sign up for the project of the month. Its well worth it I think.

DickB
01-07-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm curious about the rubber belt recommendation. I've had no issues with the standard ones. What makes the rubber belts better?

dbfletcher
01-07-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm curious about the rubber belt recommendation. I've had no issues with the standard ones. What makes the rubber belts better?

Te bigest advantage is it pretty much eliminates belt rollup. (I would say it does, but I hate to use absolutes)

cestout
01-09-2011, 06:49 PM
And easier to clean.
Clint

Smoken D
01-10-2011, 09:18 AM
The other killer to this machine is the dreaded DUST. A very must is a dust collection system. That will really help. One used is Floyds.

http://www.ringneckblues.com/Dust_Collector_Insert.php

lynnfrwd
01-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Heavy Duty Traction Belts
1. Guaranteed not to roll up - roll up is generally the first indication that your head pressure is out of whack. Head pressure is generally off by jarring in moving the machine around (shipping) or failure to lubricate the four vertical posts that the head travels up and down on. Even with the HDTB, you still need to lubricate these posts, but roll up will not be the first sign you see.

2. HDTBs offer better tracking of the board.

3. Heavy rubber material is practically impossible to rip or tear. I am not aware of any customer having to replace their HDTBs.

If you have the Sandpaper belts and they are working out fine, continue to use them until they need replacing. Instructions for installation are available under SUPPORT and then MAINTENANCE. You will need the 3/8" Straight Bit which is included in the Full Bit Set for calibration.

If you are ordering a new machine, order them with the HDTBs and we will install them for you for free. I believe most customers are very satisfied with the HDTBs.