PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the gallery pictures??

mtylerfl
12-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Hello,

Where are all the gallery pictures??

Only a few posts actually have viewable pics... most have only the filename, description, size etc. (but no pic).

I would love to be able to see what everyone's projects look like!

Dan-Woodman
12-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Here is a clock I made several months ago.
and a sign, and a secretary desk.

mtylerfl
12-29-2006, 10:04 AM
Hello Dan-Woodman,

Cannot view your pics - all that shows up is filenames, etc.

Anyone know why the gallery is not working as it should?

pkunk
12-29-2006, 10:10 AM
I think you need to investigate your computer settings. There is no problem with the forum.

BobHill
12-29-2006, 10:38 AM
If the filename on the attachment states it's a .jpg extension, then you should be able to see the image. If the title gives the name with a .mpc extension you won't see the image, you have to open it in Designer to see it. Not everyone posts their work with an JPG image. Could this be what you believe is an error?

You are able to use the .mpc file not only to see it, but can even edit/modify it or just carve it on your machine. The JPG image is just that. You can see what someone else does, but can't reproduce it unless you use the JPG as an image to carve (won't produce the same exact work).

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

John
12-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Check you firewall settings. I've had the problem your describing on other forums. Problem was resolved by changing firewall settings.

mtylerfl
12-29-2006, 12:22 PM
Hello John,

I turned off my firewall altogether as a test, and you were right - all the pics show up just fine now.

Funny thing though, even with my firewall on, I could view SOME of the pics as normal, but not all of them.

One would think that the firewall would have blocked them all in the first place. That's what threw me - I didn't think the firewall was the culprit since some of the pics displayed fine while others wouldn't show up at all (even on the same page). Strange.

Many, many thanks to all those who responded!

I am so anxious to purchase my machine, but as you know, they are out of stock at the moment. Decided to spend some time drooling over everyone else's work until I can produce some of my own. I'm about out of drool - you all do such great work!

Kurtsara
12-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Where do you buy clock kits or hardware?

Dan-Woodman
12-29-2006, 08:40 PM
Lots of places to buy klock parts --Klockit, Woodcraft , Hobby lobby, etc.

BobHill
12-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Kurt,

If you have a craft store of some magnitude in your area, they probably have clock kits, but in any case you can Google "Clock Kits" and find a plethora of types and prices available over the Internet.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

pkunk
12-29-2006, 09:14 PM
Where do you buy clock kits or hardware?
My favorite is Klockit. From inexpensive to the mostest. Their 'Atomic' clock motors are really good.