PDA

View Full Version : Belt Buckle Project

chebytrk
01-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Hey Gents,

I'm looking for some suggestions on what to do for an error that I'm running in to with my Belt Buckle project.
Symptoms are after I complete the "back" andflip the board. The initial project it starts out fine. I do the first (backside) carve and it's all fine. It's when I flip the board (bed roll over.. ha) that I get the error 313 "z stall axis". After I flip the board it measures the board then asks for the 1/8 cut bit and it's when it goes down on the pad side is where it just stops and gives the error. At first I thought it might be the board was a little warped so I got another 1/2 x 4 x 24 board ( I haven't used the sled yet) of which that board looked fine. I'm attaching my .mpc in hopes that someone can just try loading it and see if you get the same error code that I get.
The .mpc has 4 buckles with different designs and I purposely made the back side different depth carves to see which buckle thickness would look and work best after I carved them out completely, but since I've run in to a "snag" it doesn't appear that I can see that just yet. I've checked the obvious things ("o" ring, clean rollers (especially at the pad side), head pressure, etc..) and those are all OK. Any suggestions (or load testing) by the team is greatly appreciated. The .mpc is attached.
Thanks, JerryB

dbfletcher
01-03-2011, 04:51 PM
What chuck are you using? If it is the Rock, try to move the bit up a littler farther. If you have a collar on the bit, try removing it. I found with my rock that I could not use any collars on the 1/8 straight bit. That was the only one that woudl be too long an cause the exact sypmtoms you describe.

For me, I typically try to place the top most cutting flute of any bit i use about 1/8" below the bottom of the rock.

chebytrk
01-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Thanks Doug, I'll try that next. I just started another project (different board, and all is working fine). It was also a 2 sided carve and I just flipped it and it measured everything just fine and it's carving right now. Either way, I'll still try using another cut bit without a collar just to see if it works. Also, I do use a Rock Chuck. Thanks for the suggestion. JerryB

Kenm810
01-03-2011, 06:39 PM
I was just wondering if the Carved Region on the back of the Buckle
is interfering with the cut path on the front --- maybe reducing
the size of the Carve Region or moving it in a little from the edge might help

Then sand of the Difference --- Again just Wondering