PDA

View Full Version : Z Axis Stall and "Please Close Cover" messages

hdultra
01-02-2011, 02:46 PM
I keep getting a Z Axis Stall ERR E06-0313 and E06-0303. Also the machine keeps telling me to "Please Close the Cover" (the cover is closed). This just started happening today. I have just over 25 hours on the carving menu. No other messaged that I have noticed.
Any help will be appreciated.

henry1
01-02-2011, 04:04 PM
I keep getting a Z Axis Stall ERR E06-0313 and E06-0303. Also the machine keeps telling me to "Please Close the Cover" (the cover is closed). This just started happening today. I have just over 25 hours on the carving menu. No other messaged that I have noticed.
Any help will be appreciated.
It could be your bit is to long what chuck you have on the machine the new one or some dust in your switch try blowing some air on the switch not to hard now on the left hand side

Digitalwoodshop
01-02-2011, 07:09 PM
The Z Error could be a Power Supply going bad.... L2 in the Power Supply...

Is the plug on the Left switch plugged in correct? White wire to the center of the machine...

Use Options and look at Sensor Data to troubleshoot the switch.

AL

hdultra
01-02-2011, 07:54 PM
It could be your bit is to long what chuck you have on the machine the new one or some dust in your switch try blowing some air on the switch not to hard now on the left hand side

I have been using the same bit on other projects with no problems. And the bits I do have were ordered from Carvewright and the one that came with the machine. One thing I did notice is when I do close the cover slowly, the left switch "closes" first then the right one. (At least that's what I am hearing). I'll have to get a little "canned air" to blow out the switch like you said. What is the difference between the left switch and the right one???

hdultra
01-02-2011, 08:00 PM
When I was in the Option Menu, the cover would showed closed and when I would open it, the machine would show the cover open. Don't know about the Power Supply going bad. Guess I'll contact the factory for repairs, unless you can advise otherwise. Thanks And, YES, this is a Sears Machine.

hdultra
01-02-2011, 08:53 PM
I was just going back over the video for the machine and I completely forgot about the Temperature inside my shop - - it might have been hovering around 40 degrees F. Maybe I should wait for a little warmer weather ! ! ! ! ! I don't think it was any colder then the high 40's but chilly none the less.

Digitalwoodshop
01-02-2011, 08:58 PM
One switch clicking before the other is no big deal as long as they both click when the cover is down.

Left switch tells the computer that the cover is open. The Right Switch is a Safety Switch for the Cut Motor and is wired into the return path of the power to prevent the motor from running with the cover open and your fingers on the bit.

The wires from the left side switch plug into a connector behind the Z Motor and it can be plugged in 180 degrees out and give you this error. OR it can just be loose... The White Wire from this bundle needs to face the center of the machine.

Check out Tips and Tricks on the CarveWright.com main page for more good info.

Using the search with the " " like "L2 Power Supply" and you will find a ton of stuff on the L2 with pictures I have posted. And a search of "Z Stall" will give you a bunch to read too....

You may have a loose Flat FFC Cable or a bad cable.... That is the flat cable that all the Z Data and Board Sensor data pass through.

Check for a loose plug, white wire to center...

Yes a COLD machine can STALL.... Grease and oil get COLD....

AL

hdultra
01-03-2011, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the info Al. I did a little more checking on my machine and found out in the OPtion Menu, I was checking out the cover switches and like you said, the left one tells the machine the cover is closed. Then I went to the roller option and found that both front and rear rollers show "Released", which I take as the machine not seeing the pressure on either roller. I'll have to pay a trip to Wally World so I can buy a bathroom scale. (I have a scale, but one like you see at a doctors office) I have gently blown out any dust from the inside of the machine and with a mirror checked as many connectors I can see. I'll have to take the cover off in order to get at a few more connectors.
One more question - - If I had the power switch on and plugged in the memory card would this cause a problem with the machine?? Is there some sort of "reset" that I can do and maybe I should "re-download" the latest software, as the machine worked error free till I upgraded to "1.177 software".

hdultra
01-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Just to let all know, I contacted Carvewright and ordered a new power supply, which should be received in a few days. After taking the bottom cover to check out the power supply, I noticed that "burnt smell" from the electronics. Just thought I would have gotten a little more then 23 hours of carving out of the machine.