PDA

View Full Version : Keeps telling me to change bit.

Jared
12-31-2010, 01:27 PM
It keeps telling me to change the bit to an 1/16 carving bit, when I do, it makes it's passes then tells me to change the bit to an 1/16 carving bit. I have done that and keeps doing it over and over. It won't work, and help out there?

dbfletcher
12-31-2010, 01:29 PM
Carefully watch your machine as it go over to that little "pop out" level on the side away from the keypad. I think you will find it is not extending all the way and there for the bit isnt succcesfully touching down in it.

Look at this thread for more info.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?5585-Bit-Tip-Locator&highlight=bit%20plate

Digitalwoodshop
12-31-2010, 02:00 PM
Doug is correct.... It is ALL about the Bit Plate..... The head will move over to the far side of the machine and the Bit Plate will come out... The head will go down and touch this bit plate and back up. This tells the machine the length of the bit.

If the bit plate does not come over all the way then the bit misses it and goes down too far. It being the machine thinks that there is NO bit installed....

Things that can cause the Bit Plate to not extend is lack of lubrication of the bit plate OR the wires from the right side Safety Switch to the Cut Motor are out of place. The Wires need to be tucked into the back corner OR the Z Motor Cooling Fins will hit the wires preventing the head from reaching the bit plate.

I see this was your FIRST post... WELCOME !!!!!

Find the Tips and Tricks on the CarveWright web page. There are a bunch of thing to know before you dive into the machine too far..... It will prevent pilot error posts like....

The Carving is 1/2 the size I expected?

The head is stuck in the UP position?

What is the 7 inch rule of wood?

Why do I need to stay under the Rollers?

All answered if you study Tips and Tricks.

GOOD LUCK and WELCOME.... We were all new once.... Tips and Tricks answers common questions that have been asked and answered over and over. No question you post will not have been asked and answered many times in the last 3 years.

When your stuck ASK..... The trick to getting the search to work is to place the " " on each side of the search term. Adding that to the search window would be a big help to new users.

AL