PDA

View Full Version : Z Truck Bearings Seized

Merlin
12-31-2010, 11:48 AM
I have had both offset bearings on the z truck seize over the past few days. Can anyone tell me if this is something that is normal, or have I done something to cause this.. trying to figure out if I need to keep these parts on hand, I luckily had the bearings and will replace them. Hopefully this will resolve my problem..

Kenm810
12-31-2010, 12:00 PM
The first and second time I had "Y" and "Z" truck bearing seized up, I believe it was caused by a combination of dry lube and fine dust
from the Red Wood and some Hard Woods I was carving at the time. I was able to clean and free them up with some penetrating oil,
by the third time -- I had ordered a couple of sets of new bearing and just replaced them as needed.

Digitalwoodshop
12-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Fine dust getting into them.... That is the cause....

AL

Merlin
12-31-2010, 04:12 PM
Hey guys thanks for your input, I replaced the two bearings and all is good. I was carving some old butternut pieces into autumn dishes and I did notice that the dust was very fine... I will modify the system to have a downdraft for dust collection...

Once again, many thanks...

dbfletcher
12-31-2010, 04:31 PM
You may want to search the forum for other dust collection threads. Many of us started out with downdraft systems but quickly realized they are not very effective or efficient for dust removal.