PDA

View Full Version : Something to check when the head won't lower...

dougmsbbs
12-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Found something else to check for those having head lowering problems. I got a second machine a while back, and it's been nothing but trouble from day one. The head would not travel up and down smoothly no matter what I did. Load board errors, tracking errors, the whole thing. I leveled the head I don't know how many times. Checked everything, or so I thought.
I finally pulled the keypad side off and found the leadscrew nut had come off, and now the threads are all messed up. So I guess I get to talk to LHR service... Anyway, others may be having the same problem, so I thought I'd point it out.
This is a brand new machine, and I got it this way. So maybe they still have a QC problem. But don't think because yours is new it can't happen. It did to me.
Just thought I'd point it out....

Smoken D
12-30-2010, 06:26 PM
Had 65 degree weather today so tried to do some carves. Got the first done then had head lowering problems. Long story short was on the far side across from key pad. Was the Lockdown Leadscrew Nut. Tried to tighten but it was tight. So, took it off and the inside threads were completely stripped. Ordered a new one, was interresting to see that it is a Reconditioned Nut. Ain't that something. Will be 60 degrees again tomorrow but no carving. Shucks. The far side I could just push up and down since the threads were smooth as silk. Probably reconditioned on my new machine.

SKUProductItem priceQuantityTotal
http://f597.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f72558%5fAMUMDUwAAIDJTRzyrwXHK0%2b VQdI&pid=3&fid=DENNIS&inline=1MWM P1297RLockdown Leadscrew Nut RH (Reconditioned)

$9.69 1$9.69