PDA

View Full Version : Sorry I need help for another pattern!

Ike
12-30-2010, 03:19 PM
I feel so bad, being so needy these days. I tried to make the pattern, but I must be off! Well I never was on! Anyway my youngest son birthday was yesterday and he wants a Lincoln bank without Lincoln!

He really likes Peter Griffin and he wants a coin with the profile or head shot of Peter Griffin. Then I was going to base the wording from Petoria his country he made up. For those who do not watch Family Guy! I know it is terrible, but no worst then most shows!

Anyway any help will be appreciated! Otherwise I do have one and will continue to try to make a decent ptn!

Ike

Kenm810
12-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Are you looking for some thing like this?

Maybe someone has a better photo or drawing to work from

Ike
12-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Thanks Ken yes that is close and similar to the one I made. Still not quite what I am looking for, but I do appreciate your help as always! I still kept your mpc it does have the look of an old coin!

Ike

dougmsbbs
12-30-2010, 07:17 PM
Not all that different, but what the heck....

Ike
12-30-2010, 08:16 PM
Doug, I like that one! Do you have just the ptn? I am going to replace Lincoln head with Peter's! I really like that profile, but the box won't work for the coin. Could you possibly post the j-peg? Thank you for the help!

Ike

dougmsbbs
12-31-2010, 02:28 AM
I think this was the final version I used.... If not, you'll let me know, I'm sure... :)

Ike
12-31-2010, 12:33 PM
I think this was the final version I used.... If not, you'll let me know, I'm sure... :)

Doug, thank you I really do appreciate your help! I hope I didn't offend you or sound demanding? I tried the mpc and with the box and carve region it will not show the whole head on the coin. So that is why I asked for a ptn. or the j-peg to try running it myself.

Like I said I hate being needy and I guess I am just stressed and every time I try making a pattern I get more stressed! The j-peg works great thank you!

Ike

bjbethke
12-31-2010, 01:30 PM
I feel so bad, being so needy these days. I tried to make the pattern, but I must be off! Well I never was on! Anyway my youngest son birthday was yesterday and he wants a Lincoln bank without Lincoln!

He really likes Peter Griffin and he wants a coin with the profile or head shot of Peter Griffin. Then I was going to base the wording from Petoria his country he made up. For those who do not watch Family Guy! I know it is terrible, but no worst then most shows!

Anyway any help will be appreciated! Otherwise I do have one and will continue to try to make a decent ptn!

Ike

Will these work? I have others.

dougmsbbs
12-31-2010, 02:36 PM
Oh, my, no. You didn't offend me! I was trying to be a smart ***, but my smiley face didn't come through right. Stuff happens... sigh.

I enjoy helping out when I can. Actually, I used that one to learn a few more things about Artcam. I'm starting to love this program! Ask away if you need something else. Most likely, I'll use it as another learning opportunity!

Really glad that worked out for you!

Ike
01-01-2011, 12:23 AM
BJ if only I will learn how you do it?! I use Corel Draw to Paint and still can't get my patterns to come out like yours! I love the patterns, but need a head shot to replace Lincoln's head with Peters! Then quoting his Petoria creed E. Peterbus Unum! And on the bottom Can't Touch Me!

Ike

bjbethke
01-01-2011, 02:18 AM
BJ if only I will learn how you do it?! I use Corel Draw to Paint and still can't get my patterns to come out like yours! I love the patterns, but need a head shot to replace Lincoln's head with Peters! Then quoting his Petoria creed E. Peterbus Unum! And on the bottom Can't Touch Me!

Ike
Here is a Head image.

Ike
01-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Thank you BJ maybe one day I could call or e-mail you and you can help me use Corel? I appreciate your help I used to know how to use Corel and I am having a brain fart!

Ike

Ike
01-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Oh, my, no. You didn't offend me! I was trying to be a smart ***, but my smiley face didn't come through right. Stuff happens... sigh.

I enjoy helping out when I can. Actually, I used that one to learn a few more things about Artcam. I'm starting to love this program! Ask away if you need something else. Most likely, I'll use it as another learning opportunity!

Really glad that worked out for you!

Oh good Doug I really appreciate your help and like your ptn it is more 3D, but I am not sure how detail it will carve? I will run a test piece before the real run. I bought an 1" by 12" by 8' of select pine and I could not believe the cost of one board! $3.63 a board foot, I paid $3.26 a board foot for red oak and could have bought a 14" wide piece!

First I need to clean and replace the brass roller O-ring with the correct size. Plus adjust the head pressure on my newer CW and the other replace a connection board for the Ffc cable!

Not today though I have grandson and grandma and I are giving mommy and daddy a break for a couple days! We are having a blast! Except grandma needs to be grandma and not a mommy! Grandpa lets his little man have what he wants!!!

Ike

jpaluck
01-02-2011, 07:51 PM
here is another one for you Ike...If you want PM and I can resize this larger and slice with stl importer...made a sign for my 5 year old neice...loves dora the explorer...came out nice at 1.5 deep and larger

BTW since we all know Ike your the guy on e-bay selling the disk..no you cant put this pattern on your pattern sales disk..LOL ..joking Ike

mtylerfl
01-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Great job on that, John!

Ike
01-02-2011, 10:59 PM
here is another one for you Ike...If you want PM and I can resize this larger and slice with stl importer...made a sign for my 5 year old neice...loves dora the explorer...came out nice at 1.5 deep and larger

BTW since we all know Ike your the guy on e-bay selling the disk..no you cant put this pattern on your pattern sales disk..LOL ..joking Ike

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH John you said you wouldn't tell!!! That looks great!!! Thank you this is the greatest forum!

Ike