PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Roller Error

Jossef
12-30-2010, 03:19 PM
I started a new project. When it measures the board I get a tracking roller error and the board falls out of the machine. Any ideas as to what I need to do?

Thanks,
Joe

Ike
12-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Oh Joe I feel your pain! I am going through this, it can be a few things. First off what kind of material are you using? If it is a hard wood or really smooth it may not be making contact with the brass roller. That brings me to what could be a cause,

1) Brass roller, is your O-ring still there, are you using masking tape to help the roller.
2) The head pressure may be too low, is your shop above 60 degrees? Cold temps will effect the pressure
3) Have you tried another board to see if it still spits out the board.
4) Try turning the machine off and restarting the project.
5) Dust in the brass roller or tray rollers

The best this is to do search and you will find many answers!

I would start with trying a new board or flipping it around after turning the machine off and restarting. If the shop is cold warm it up or heat your machine with a hair dryer. Running the head up and down a few times will also get the head warmed up. Then try running the project, once in a while it happens and I hope in this case you will be able to run the project again and it will be fine!

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
12-30-2010, 06:35 PM
A few more.... the board falling out of the machine can be caused by:

Using a board 1/2 inch or less.... sometimes a 1/2 inch WILL work, sometimes it will spit out....

The Roller on the opposite side of where the board spit out is stuck in the compressed position. When the roller comes un compressed THEN the Board Sensor is turned on... No UN Compress.... NO Board Sensor turned on and the board drives right out....

AL

Jossef
12-31-2010, 10:36 AM
I have checked everything that everyone has suggested. I am using the same type and size board that I have always used. It will measure the board, goes past the sensor and stops on the sand paper rollers. I then get a message that says Check Tracking Rollers. I press continue and it runs off the end of the table. What am I supposed to do with the tracking rollers and where are they??

fwharris
12-31-2010, 10:48 AM
The tracking rolles are the 2 rubber rollers that press down on the board when you lower the head down to the board. There is a switch on each end (key board side of machine) and best guess is that you have dust build up in one or both of the switches. Raise the head up to the top and work the rollers up and down with one hand and blow some air into the switches to get the dust out..

Digitalwoodshop
12-31-2010, 01:29 PM
You need to look at the Status of the Rollers AS the Computer see's it....

Use Options or Zero, Sensor Data, and Rollers..... Just crank down on a board and release.. BET you have a stuck roller....

See my posts in the last few days with pictures of cleaning the dust out of the roller switches and resting plate.

AL

Jossef
12-31-2010, 05:50 PM
It seems that it was a dust build up on a roller. I cleaned of both rollers and made sure to clean good on the keyboard side and the machine started working again!!!
Thanks for all the help!

fwharris
12-31-2010, 07:26 PM
Glad to hear that is what it was.. Happy Caring and Happy New Year!

Digitalwoodshop
12-31-2010, 07:48 PM
Good Job !!!!

AL

AskBud
12-31-2010, 08:26 PM
It seems that it was a dust build up on a roller. I cleaned of both rollers and made sure to clean good on the keyboard side and the machine started working again!!!
Thanks for all the help!
Perhaps it's time for a "Top Mounted Vacuum Head"
AskBud
http://www.wix.com/littleredwoodshop/cnccorner/dust-collection