PDA

View Full Version : What Parts?

dkarcher
12-28-2010, 10:16 AM
I am getting ready to order some new parts for my machine.

A new flexshaft because it got hot and the Z-truck side looks like the square end has twisted about an 1/8th of a turn. Also the spring loop that normally fits under the shaft now sits on top (like it was twisted).

A new Z-truck because the hole where the flex shaft goes looks rounded.

New sandpaper belts, and a couple sets of cut motor brushes.

Anything else recommended? I have 230 carving hours on it.

Digitalwoodshop
12-28-2010, 03:43 PM
That is a Good List....

I would add.... A Board Sensor.... and eat the core charge.... They have a time limit on returning the core last I knew....

2 FFC Flat Cables, the big FLAT cable..... They will fail over time from flexing.

2 Cables for the Board Sensor.... Cheap.. Will help you troubleshoot later by being able to plug a sensor in at the top.... And have one for replacement...

And not from LHR but buy the bearings for the Gear Box. I bought a tube of 10 for about $30.00. The numbers are posted.

Good List.... Save on Postage...

AL

I formally called it a FSC Cable.... But Ike pointed out my error.... Good Job Ike.

dbfletcher
12-28-2010, 03:53 PM
This is a great thread. I was just about to start one myself as I also am getting ready to order spare/replacement parts from LHR. I'll find the bearing thread and post the detial here as I was alos going to order them.

Here is the info from Al's post.. as well as a link to the original thread:

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?12983-Y-and-Z-moter-shaft-bearings&highlight=replacement+bearings

Both sources here list basically the same bearing.... 685-2RS Ball Bearing
Since I just replaced my 3rd Gear box and all machines had about 700 hours, I would recommend putting the Y Bearings on a 500 hour replacement.... Say when you change your 2nd set of Cut Motor Brushes go the extra step and replace the Y Bearings.
Once the shaft gets worn down then you need a new gear or a new gear box... Since all the new Z Bundles change outs have pretty much been done, there will be few extra gear boxes floating around. I have been using the old Z Bundle gear boxes to fix this problem.
I should pull the Z Motor on that 700 hour machine and measure the shaft looking for wear. I am thinking that due to the smaller mass of the Z Truck that the wear will be less.
Replacing the bearings before the shaft gets worn could be a very good thing....
To buy LOCAL use the following Cross Reference Numbers for the 5 mm x 11 mm x 5 mm with metal shield.
NSK Brand - 685ZZ
KOYO Brand - W685ZZ
NMB Brand - L-1150ZZ
Just remember once the shaft is worn thin, replacing the bearings won't help.... The shaft will still wobble.
AL

dkarcher
12-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Thanks Al and Doug, this is a great help.