PDA

View Full Version : There's no place like home.

Kix
12-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Hey all,

I put the CW down earlier this year. With two kids and two jobs I didnt have the spare time to deal with the constant troubleshooting and disappointment the CW was carving out for me. Since then many new things have been swirling around the cw and I am wondering if I should think about testing the water again.

I have an older machine that has not seen much use at all. I am thinking of sending it back to cw and having them to the tune and fix on everything to see if I have a better experience this time.

I suppose I could read through the million threads to see whats been going on these days but was hoping somebody could give me the skinny. Are the heavy duty traction belts worth it? How about this new spindle system, last I heard people were all about the rock?

By the way, I have the ringneck vacuum system to help keep it clean. It works.

dbfletcher
12-27-2010, 08:26 PM
The heavy dute belts will definately stop the "belt rollup" issues and either the Rock or the Carvetight spindle system are great chioces. If you followed much of the discussions on the forum, I'm sure you have see numerous users mention that installing the Rock, suddlenly made there machine work so much better. An unbalanced QC is believed by many of us to be one of the biggest "troublemakers" of this machine. I have Rocks, on both of my machines and I really couldnt be happier with thier performance. I'd say... dive back in... come to the forum often with your questions or problems and numerous helpful fellow users will chime in and try to help get your machine purring like a kitten.

Good luck!

Kix
12-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks Doug, what else has been happening throughout the year? Have we gotten an error code list yet or a real instruction manual for the software?

Guess it's time to go find that cam assembly lube.

Deolman
12-27-2010, 11:44 PM
Kix if you can afford it, I would look at the upgrade special here:

http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/newsletter/Christmas2010/christmassale2010.htm

This should bring your machine up to the latest revision with the latest mods. The sale only lasts to the 31st though.

Kix
12-28-2010, 05:34 AM
Thats kind of what I am thinking, I prolly wont make the sale, which is fine. It's only $20 off, and i would feel better about not shipping it during the shipping crunch that is December anyways. The whole unit has been so frustrating to me over the years. Kind of difficult to come home from work, put in a carve and go spend time with my sons, or get cracking on the other job. I can and have blown an entire day just trying to get a simple carve done. So we will do a last ditch effort here to see whats up. If it's not succesful I am going to sell it, at least it will be in supposed "Tip Top" condition. I will be kicking myself in the pants for throwing good money after bad, but alas...