PDA

View Full Version : design

Bill
12-27-2006, 05:26 AM
I am playing with the software and do not have the machine set up yet.

Can anyone check out this design and see if it is set up correctly? I have posted the file.
Thanks Bill.

BobHill
12-27-2006, 10:28 AM
Bill, I made an image of your piece and ask if that's how you wished it to look, with holes as indicated in black and did you intend to keep the border? You have the piece ½ inch thick, the "leaves" at ¼ inch deep. I'd probably make it without cutting through, but I'm not sure what look you are after. I have attached your design and two other ways you might do it.
Bob

Bill
12-27-2006, 10:50 AM
hi Bob;
Thanks for your reply. What I am looking for is leaves cut out 1.jpg. I make lamp shades mounted on wrought iron wall mounted or stand alone table lamps and the cutouts are to let the light come through.

Up to this point I have been cutting them out with a table saw and a scroll saw and with my new CarveWright machine I will be able to add a whole new dimension that I have never had before.

This is just one side, the lamps are hexagon and the shade stands vertical like in this pic.

Hope I explained myself correctly
Thanks Bill.

BobHill
12-27-2006, 11:29 AM
Hi Bill,
Your new design look does indeed show what you want it to and it looks great.

Bob

Bill
12-27-2006, 12:09 PM
hi Bob,
Thank you, that's what I wanted to know... This should look great.
Bill.

Dan-Woodman
12-27-2006, 03:45 PM
Bill
Looks good, one hour and seventeen minutes later per piece you'll have a nice lamp.
good luck Later Daniel

Bill
12-27-2006, 03:58 PM
hi Daniel,
Thank you, Well the sides hopefully will be complete :D Then the scrolling of the iron work.

one hour and seventeen minutes later per piece you'll have a nice lamp.

Dan, how did you come up with the time frame? This is per piece is it not?

Bill.

Dan-Woodman
12-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Bill
Yes , that is per piece.
When you upload your project , to your memory card, you can choose -- draft, normal , or best quality. It then tells you the exact time it will take to carve it.

Bill
12-28-2006, 06:17 AM
hi Dan;
Thanks for your help.
Bill.